Building Information and Standards
The State of California has all of the manuals and forms for compliance with California's Energy Efficiency Standards on their site. Here are links to the most important sections. New Energy Standards go into effect on January 1, 2010. There are substantial changes from the 2005 Standards. To look at the new rules go to 2008 Energy Standards. For assistance or questions regarding the Energy Standards, contact the Energy Hotline at 1-800-772-3300.
- Conventional Framing Provisions-2001 CBC
- Conventional Framing Provisions-2007 CBC
- Asbestos Information
- Re-roofing - Permits and Fees, CDDD Refund - Debris Recycling
- Fire Retardant Re-roof Code Change
- Window Replacements
- Security Bars
- Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Swimming Pool and Spa Enclosures
- Pool and Septic Tank Removal
- Fences > 6' & Retaining Walls - Permit requirements. Fence Height Diagram
- Deck and Patio Covers
- Detached Residential Garages, Sheds, Gazebos and Other Accessory Structures
- Temporary Occupancy Procedures
- Wood Burning Appliance Policy
- Wood Burning Appliance Ordinance
- Basement Policy (Placer County Residential Basement Policy)
- ICC Bay Area Tri-Chapter of Northern California - Basement Guidelines
- Mobile Homes & Modular Offices - see State Housing HCD Dept, Sacramento
Construction Site Overview
Protecting clean water improves our quality of life and preserves the local environment for our children and future generations. Unintentional spills at work sites can flow into storm drains and pollute waterways. These spills are prohibited by law. The drawing illustrates BMPs that must be used at all construction sites to protect storm drains and minimize pollution. All site BMPs must be checked and maintained daily.
For additional information see links below.
For further Building Code related questions, please contact a Building Inspector at:
530-745-3100 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Setbacks, home:lot size ratio, residential fence heights & locations, Design Guidelines, Signs, and other Zoning Code related questions, contact a Planner at the Planning Division at:
530-745-3000 or by e-mail to Planning@placer.ca.gov
Answers will generally be returned within one business day.