Placer County Cannabis Ordinance
The high level summary is as follows:
- A maximum of 6 plants, not to exceed 50 square feet are allowed by parcel
- Cultivation is only allowed on parcels that have a legal residence on them
- Cultivation may be done indoors in either a residence or a secure accessory structure
- Cultivation may be done outdoors, in unincorporated cities, with a 100’ setback from property lines, 600’ setback from schools, churches, and “youth oriented facilities”, and closer to the grower’s house than any neighbor’s
- All commercial activities are prohibited
- Enforcement penalties will be accomplished through an Administrative Civil Penalty process involving a hearing officer. Fines of up to $1000/plant are authorized.
- Enforcement lead will be County Code Enforcement with help from the Sheriff’s Department.