North Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe, CA:
6/3/2015 - June 2015 Public Review Draft Tahoe Basin Area Plan and Notice of Preparation released.
Placer County has released its June 2015 Public Review Draft Tahoe Basin Area Plan and Notice of Preparation (NOP) of a Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement (EIR/EIS) for the proposed Tahoe Basin Area Plan and Tahoe City Lodge pilot project on June 3, 2015. Written comments should be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 3, 2015 to: Environmental Coordination Services, Community Development Resource Agency, 3091 County Center Drive, Suite 190, Auburn, California 95603. You can fax your comments to (530) 745-3080, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the opportunity to submit written comments, Placer County will hold two public scoping meetings to seek input on the preparation and content of the EIR/EIS. The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) will also hold three public scoping meetings. The public scoping meetings will be held at the following times and locations:
- Placer County Public Scoping Meetings
- June 16, 2015 - 12:30 p.m., North Tahoe Event Center, 8318 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, CA
- June 16, 2015 - 5:30 p.m., Tahoe City Public Utility District Board Room, 221 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City, CA
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Public Scoping Meetings
- June 10, 2015 - 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., TRPA Advisory Planning Commission (APC), TRPA Offices, 128 Market Street, Stateline, NV
- June 24, 2015 - 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., TRPA Regional Plan Implementation Committee, TRPA Offices, 128 Market Street, Stateline, NV
- June 24, 2015 - 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., TRPA Governing Board, TRPA Offices, 128 Market Street, Stateline, NV
- Note: The TRPA APC and Governing Board meetings will begin at 9:30 a.m.; however, the proposed project is not time certain. Please refer to the meeting agenda posted at http://www.trpa.org/calendar/ up to one week prior to the meeting for updated information.
The County will also conduct two Area Plan Team public workshops to seek input on the Public Review Draft Tahoe Basin Area Plan. The public workshops will be held at the following times and locations:
- Placer County Area Plan Team Public Workshops
- June 22, 2015 - 5:30 p.m., North Tahoe Event Center, 8318 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, CA
- June 29, 2015 - 5:30 p.m., Tahoe City Public Utility District Board Room, 221 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City, CA
County Executive Office - Tahoe
The Placer County Executive Office operates a satellite office in Lake Tahoe. This office is responsible for providing many services for Tahoe residents, visitors, and local businesses. The County Executive Office at Tahoe also provides assistance on a variety of projects and programs in the Tahoe area, including those led by other county departments, such as the Department of Public Works, Community Development Resources Agency, Facility Services, and the Successor Agency.
The Tahoe CEO office is managed by Jennifer Merchant, Deputy CEO-Tahoe.
The County Executive Office in Tahoe is tasked with developing and managing an annual contract with the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association for the provision of tourism-related services. The contract calls for implementation of annual marketing plans, visitor information services, and development of recommendations to the county on transit and other visitor-serving infrastructure projects. The contract is funded with a portion of the Transient Occupancy Tax collected in eastern Placer County.
In addition, the Tahoe office manages projects, programs and other issues with external agencies in the Tahoe area. This includes regular interface with local government elected officials and key staff, as well as those with state, federal and regional agencies, such as the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency(TRPA).
5/13/2014 Public workshop held in Tahoe City on May 11, 2015 to review results of recent North Lake Tahoe parking study.
Placer County held a public workshop to discuss the results of a recently completed parking study of the Kings Beach and Tahoe City business districts.
The goal of the workshop was to provide an overview of existing parking capacity and use, the results of a review of the county’s current parking standards and requirements, and an examination of potential parking programs such as an in-lieu fee parking program.
An in-lieu program would allow developers to meet some or all of their parking requirements by paying fees, rather than providing parking on-site. Fee revenue would be used by the county for public parking.
In the study, LSC Transportation Consultants Inc. proposes recommendations for helping the county and area stakeholders formulate a comprehensive plan that best meets the parking and mobility needs of Kings Beach and Tahoe City.
Placer County sees the study as the first step towards developing a plan that:
- Provides easier and more convenient access to parking;
- Better supports shopping districts; and
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions caused by cars circling for parking spaces.
The study is a key part of a larger effort to develop strategies and implementation measures that address parking issues in Kings Beach and Tahoe City while fitting in with the public’s vision for their communities.
The parking study document may be reviewed by clicking this link: Parking Study Final Report
If you have any questions, please contact Christopher Schmidt, Senior Planner, at 530-745-3076 or by email.
4/1/2015 Economic Development Incentives Report for North Lake Tahoe Town Centers
Economic Planning Systems has finalized a report on Incentives for Economic Development in North Lake Tahoe Town Centers. The Board of Supervisors commissioned the report to analyze roadblocks to investment and make recommendations about policies, financing, and land use as incentives
A Business Plan will be developed to provide a roadmap to fulfill the report’s recommendations, including development of specific parameters for return on investment for the County.
Download Report View Presentation