North Lake Tahoe
County Executive Office - North Lake Tahoe
The Placer County Executive Office operates a satellite office in North Lake Tahoe. This office is responsible for providing many services for Tahoe residents, visitors, and local businesses. The County Executive Office at North Lake Tahoe also provides assistance on a variety of projects and programs in the North Lake Tahoe area, including those led by other county departments, such as the Department of Public Works, Community Development Resources Agency, Facility Services, and the Successor Agency.
The North Lake Tahoe CEO office is managed by Jennifer Merchant, Deputy CEO-Tahoe.
The County Executive Office in North Lake Tahoe is tasked with developing and managing an annual contract with the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association for the provision of tourism-related services. The contract calls for implementation of annual marketing plans, visitor information services, and development of recommendations to the county on transit and other visitor-serving infrastructure projects. The contract is funded with a portion of the Transient Occupancy Tax collected in eastern Placer County.
In addition, the North Lake Tahoe office manages projects, programs and other issues with external agencies in the North Lake Tahoe area. This includes regular interface with local government elected officials and key staff, as well as those with state, federal and regional agencies, such as the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency(TRPA).
6/3/2015 - June 2015 Public Review Draft Tahoe Basin Area Plan and Notice of Preparation released.
Placer County has released its June 2015 Public Review Draft Tahoe Basin Area Plan and Notice of Preparation (NOP) of a Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement (EIR/EIS) for the proposed Tahoe Basin Area Plan and Tahoe City Lodge pilot project on June 3, 2015. Written comments should be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 3, 2015 to: Environmental Coordination Services, Community Development Resource Agency, 3091 County Center Drive, Suite 190, Auburn, California 95603. You can fax your comments to (530) 745-3080, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the opportunity to submit written comments, Placer County will hold two public scoping meetings to seek input on the preparation and content of the EIR/EIS. The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) will also hold three public scoping meetings. The public scoping meetings will be held at the following times and locations:
- Placer County Public Scoping Meetings
- June 16, 2015 - 12:30 p.m., North Tahoe Event Center, 8318 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, CA
- June 16, 2015 - 5:30 p.m., Tahoe City Public Utility District Board Room, 221 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City, CA
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Public Scoping Meetings
- June 10, 2015 - 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., TRPA Advisory Planning Commission (APC), TRPA Offices, 128 Market Street, Stateline, NV
- June 24, 2015 - 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., TRPA Regional Plan Implementation Committee, TRPA Offices, 128 Market Street, Stateline, NV
- June 24, 2015 - 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., TRPA Governing Board, TRPA Offices, 128 Market Street, Stateline, NV
- Note: The TRPA APC and Governing Board meetings will begin at 9:30 a.m.; however, the proposed project is not time certain. Please refer to the meeting agenda posted at http://www.trpa.org/calendar/ up to one week prior to the meeting for updated information.
The County will also conduct two Area Plan Team public workshops to seek input on the Public Review Draft Tahoe Basin Area Plan. The public workshops will be held at the following times and locations:
- Placer County Area Plan Team Public Workshops
- June 22, 2015 - 5:30 p.m., North Tahoe Event Center, 8318 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, CA
- June 29, 2015 - 5:30 p.m., Tahoe City Public Utility District Board Room, 221 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City, CA
4/1/2015 Economic Development Incentives Report for North Lake Tahoe Town Centers
Economic Planning Systems has finalized a report on Incentives for Economic Development in North Lake Tahoe Town Centers. The Board of Supervisors commissioned the report to analyze roadblocks to investment and make recommendations about policies, financing, and land use as incentives
A Business Plan will be developed to provide a roadmap to fulfill the report’s recommendations, including development of specific parameters for return on investment for the County.
Download Report View Presentation