Sand and Sandbag Locations
If you live within the city limits, contact your city for information about sand and sandbags.
Placer County does not provide free sand and sandbags as preventative or precautionary measures. However, it does preposition sand and sand bags at various locations in order to be prepared for emergencies, as they occur.
During an Emergency:
Check our Facebook page for current updates.
Follow us on Twitter.
The following fire stations and Department of Public Works Corporation yards in the unincorporated areas of Placer County normally have sand and sand bags to be distributed, as available:
- CAL FIRE Station 33, 33752 Alta Forestry Road;
- Placer County Fire Station 180: 11645 Atwood Road;
- Higgins Fire Station, 10106 Combie Road;
- South Placer Fire Station 17, 6900 Eureka Road;
- North Tahoe Fire: Station 53, 5425 West Lake Blvd;
- North Tahoe Fire Station 52, 288 North Shore Blvd, (Intersection of Highways 267 & 28);
- Placer County Fire Station 70, Lincoln, 1112 Wise Road;
- Placer County Fire Station 74, Thermalands, 8500 North Forbes Road;
- Loomis Fire Station 28, 5840 Horseshoe Bar Road;
- Placer Hills Fire Station 84, 16999 Placer Hills Road;
- Placer County Fire Station 182, Ophir, 9405 Wise Road;
- Northstar Community Services District Corp Yard, 50 Trimont Lane (off Northstar Blvd);
- Placer County Fire Station 75, Paige, 5584 Nicolaus Road;
- Penryn Fire Station 38, 7206 Church Street;
- Placer County Fire Station 100, Dry Creek, 8350 Cook Riolo Road;
- Placer County Fire Station 78, Sheridan, 4952 Riosa Road;
- Old Squaw Valley Fire Station, 1810 Squaw Valley Rd (at west end of valley, near lifts);
- Truckee Fire Station 92, 11473 Donner Pass Road.
- Truckee Ranger Station parking lot, 10811 Stockrest Spring Rd.