Placer County Budget Information
The Placer County Budget is the annual financial blueprint of the Board of Supervisors' priorities to balance available resources with the service needs of Placer County's residents. The budget includes 13 operating funds and two infrastructure funds to support a broad spectrum of services delivered by 18 departments and over 2,300 funded positions. +more
The County Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the development and administration of the budget, which is reviewed and approved by the Board of Supervisors. The CEO works with departments to develop the budget in two phases each year to deliver recommendations for proposed and final budgets.
- Proposed Budget - In June, the Board of Supervisors adopts a Proposed Budget to have a spending plan in place before the fiscal year begins on July 1.
- Final Budget - The Board typically conducts a public budget workshop in August. As required by State law, the Board holds a public hearing in September to consider updated revenue and expenditure estimates and adopts the Final Budget by October 2. The Final Budget is published by the County Auditor and available online as a PDF file that can be downloaded.
Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15
The FY 2014-15 Final Budget was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on September 9, 2014. You may view video of the Board of Supervisors meeting by clicking HERE and navigating to the September 9, 2014 meeting video link. The staff report and PowerPoint presentation from the September 9, 2014 Board meeting / public hearing can be found below under Meetings and Presentations. The Final Budget book will be available online in the coming weeks.
Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15
The FY 2014-15 Proposed Budget was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on June 3, 2014. Click the button below to view information regarding the FY 2014-15 Proposed Budget, and download sections of budget book.
Proposed Multi-Year Capital Plan for Fiscal Year 2014-15
At the Board of Supervisor's meeting on June 3, 2014, the Board also approved the Proposed Multi-Year Capital Plan. Click the button below to view information regarding the FY 2014-15 Proposed Multi-Year Capital Plan, and download sections of, or the complete, book.
Meetings and Presentations
- September 9, 2014 Board Meeting
- June 3, 2014 Board Meeting
- March 25, 2014 Board Meeting