Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Paying Your Obligation

Make a Payment

Direct Deposit

Obligee parents can Enroll/Terminate Direct Deposit through the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) website or Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system.

To enroll through the SDU website you'll need your Social Security Number and your SWS Participant Number. If you do not know your 13 digit SWS Participant ID number you may call the SDU Electronic Help Desk at 1-866-901-3212.

  • Enroll through the SDU's IVR system at 1-866-901-3212.
  • Enroll/Terminate Direct Deposit through the SDU website.
  • You can also download and print the Direct Deposit Authorization form (DCSS 0485) and return it to them directly at:
    California State Disbursement Unit
    P.O. Box 989064
    West Sacramento, CA 95798-9064

Changing Your Payment Amount

Request a Modification

An existing child support order may be modified (changed) if there is:

  • A significant increase or decrease in either parent’s earnings.
  • A change in custody or the amount of time the child spends with each parent; or
  • A change in any other factor that would affect the child support guideline.

Either parent may request a review of their child support order. The request must be in writing or online using the link below and must state reasons why the amount of the child support order is now too high or too low. A modification may be justified if the support order would change by 20% or $50 whichever is less. Our agency will review the child support order in the event of a major change, like getting a new job, losing a job, or a change in custody or visitation. If your situation meets the modification requirements and a change is appropriate, the department will submit the request to the court.

Past Due Payments

Do you owe past due child support? In certain child support cases, the law allows for a parent to pay less than their total child support debt owed to the government. This is called a compromise of arrears. For more information, see the Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP).