Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Modifying Your Child Support Order

An existing child support order may be modified (changed) if there is:
  • A significant increase or decrease in either parent’s earnings.
  • A change in custody or the amount of time the child spends with each parent; or
  • A change in any other factor that would affect the child support guideline.

Either parent may request a review of their child support order. The request must be submitted in writing or online using the link below, and must state the reasons why the amount of the child support order is now too high or too low. A modification may be justified if the support order would change by 20% or $50 whichever is less. Our agency will review the child support order in the event of a major change, like getting a new job, losing a job, or a change in custody or visitation.  

Please note: Even in situations where it is determined that the basic requirements for a modification to the payment is not qualified, the parent may still proceed to ask the court to review the order.

Estimate your child support amount

Request a modification online

Another option that is often used, is for both parties in a child support order to come to a mutual decision on what is best for the family. If both parties in a child support case can agree to the support amount ahead of time, a Child Support Specialist will assist in the completion of a stipulation (agreement) for filing with the court. If there is no mutual agreement, a notice to appear in court will be sent to both parties, and a judge or commissioner will calculate the amount.