Code Compliance Services enforces regulations related to a variety of land use issues and provides assistance to other County departments as needed.
To view active Code Compliance Cases, please click HERE
Code Violation Complaints
Please visit our Placer County Connect page to report a code violation online anytime.
- OR -
During Business Hours - To report a code violation during business hours, complete, sign, and deliver the Complaint Form by US Mail, email attachment to email@example.com, FAX (530-745-3059), or visiting our DeWitt office.
Weekends and After Hours:
- Complaints generated by events, beer and wine tastings, or public parties, contact the weekend compliance program hotline at 530-401-8229
- Noise complaints from private parties, motorcycle tracks, loud occupant music, and similar issues, contact the Sheriff's Office at 530-886-5375
- Other complaints, please refer to "During Business Hours" process above.
Programs We Offer Include:
- Code compliance
- Private property vehicle abatement
- Vehicle, waste, tires, mobile home removal and oil recyclers referral list
- Placer Dispute Resolution Services
- CalFire Weed Abatement Program on developed parcels
- Dangerous buildings
Lookup Permits and Land Information System
Services and Information
- Code Compliance Ordinance
Ensure compliance with County Code, nuisance abatement, administer citations
- Zoning Ordinance
Uses allowed in each zoning district, building height, setbacks, coverage
- Specific Use Requirements
Abandoned vehicles, accessory storage, trailers as residences, home business, animal raising, fencing
- Building Code or Permit Violations
Illegal secondary dwellings, pool enclosures, construction or change of occupancy without a permit
- Noise Ordinance
Preventing excessive and offensive noise in cooperation with the Sheriff Office
- Storm Water Quality Program
Enhance and protect the quality of waters by reducing pollutants in storm water discharges
- Grading and Erosion Prevention Ordinance
Grading, erosion, sediment control, water obstruction
- Code Compliance Resource Guide
Click link for information regarding a variety of public assistance programs and providers.
3091 County Center Drive, Ste 160
Auburn, CA 95603
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except for After Hours Event Program)