Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.


*For food poisoning complaints please contact the Communicable Disease Nurse first at 530-889-7150

Please be prepared to provide a three day food history

Environmental Health investigates complaints about:

  • Food poisoning
  • Restaurants and other food facilities
  • Public pools or spas
  • Tattoo or body art shops
  • Sewage on the ground
  • Chemical spills
  • Garbage
  • Sub-standard housing

Online Complaints

For a complaint to be formally lodged, we require the following:

  • Your name
  • Address
  • Phone number

Please also include the street address of the complaint, and the owner's name at the location

You may also print out a copy of the Complaint Form to fill out by hand. You may submit this form by fax, mail, or in person at the front counter.