Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Food Safety Certification

There are two types of Food Safety Certificates required/available in California:

  1. Food Safety Manager
  2. Food Handler Card 

Food Safety Manager Certification

All Food Facilities (except Temporary Event Vendors) doing any preparation of potentially hazardous foods are required to have, at minimum, one Certified Food Safety Manager on staff. We offer a one day class through National Registry of Food Safety Professionals as a service to Placer County residents, although the Certification may be received through any accredited agency.

The class is offered in Auburn four times a year, or Tahoe twice a year (please see applications below for dates). Both classes are filled on a "first come, first served" basis. Once the application and fee are received you will be sent a food class registration letter. PLEASE call the Environmental Health Office to verify that your application has been received, and you have been placed in the class.

Books and exams are also available in Spanish.

Auburn 2014 Class (.pdf 121 KB)

Tahoe 2014 Class (.pdf 130 KB)

Truckee Food Class - Please contact Nevada County Environmental Health at (530) 265-7057
Location: Tahoe Forest Hospital, 10121 Pine Ave. Truckee CA 96161

Class Locations and Maps

Auburn Class - Community Development Resource Center: Cypress Room Map

Tahoe Class - Tahoe Administration Center Conference Room Map

Food Handler Cards

Any employee that handles food or utensils in any facility that prepares potentially hazardous foods, and does not have a Food Safety Managers Certificate, is required to possess a valid Food Handlers Card as part of their employment.

The Food Handler card also meets the Cottage Food Training Requirement.

Food Handler Card Guidelines - This link provides information on California Food Handler Card Law Guidelines and Frequently asked Questions.

American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Accredited Food Handler Programs - A list of Accredited Food Handler Programs