Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Food Trucks (Mobile Food Facilities)

If you wish to open your own Food Truck or Mobile Food Facility (MFF) our specialists will help determine where your planned MFF will fall in our classification and permitting requirements

Please see our list of currently permitted Mobile Food Facilities (updated 08/08/14)

Your idea of an MFF may fall outside of the regulations and therefore not be permittable as an MFF.  Please contact us prior to committing any financial investment in your project.

All MFF’s are required to operate in conjunction with a commissary (a food facility/kitchen with a valid health permit).  Securing a commissary can be difficult and/or expensive so it is highly recommended that you do so prior to purchasing an MFF.


To apply for an MFF annual operating permit, please submit the following items to this office:

All MFF’s must pass an annual inspection in order to be granted their annual operating permit. The annual operating permit shall be displayed on the rear or other prominent location of the vehicle, in the form of a brightly colored sticker that is issued by this office.


On the day of your scheduled inspection, please ensure that your vehicle is in complete operating condition:

  • Hot water must be at least 120 F degrees
  • Hot food holding units must be greater than or equal to 135 F degrees
  • Refrigerators must be less than or equal to 41 F degrees
  • Hand wash supplies available and accessible

When you are ready to schedule your inspection, please contact us.


All vehicles on inventory will be billed in May or June for the following year, and it is the responsibility of the operator to call and arrange for an inspection, at which point the new permit is issued. An inspection must be passed in order to obtain a new operators permit.