If you are opening a new restaurant, food facility, mobile food facility, public pool/spa, tattoo or body art shop you will need to submit to plan check. Remodels of existing facilities must be submitted for review by our Specialists as well.
If you are planning on taking over an existing space, please Contact us for details on the facility prior to making any financial investment. You may be required to upgrade or fix certain elements of the facility in order to bring it up to code.
To initiate the process submit the following:
- Plan Check Application Form
- One Set of plans- Drawn to 1/4" scale
- Manufacturer cut sheets of proposed and existing equipment indicating NSF approval for commercial use. This includes, but is not limited to, refrigeration, cooking/warming unit, water heaters, acoustical ceiling tile, floor tiles.
- Fee Disclosure Form- States that you understand more fees may be assessed if you change the scope of the project
- Fee (Check or Money Order by Mail, OR Check, Money Order, Credit Card, Cash at the Front Counter). Plans will not be accepted at the counter without fees.
For more information on plan submittal, please refer to the document "Starting a Food Business in Placer County" in Food Plan Check Resources, below.
The Specialist assigned to your Plan Check will review the plans and send comments to the Contact Person listed on the application. Information that is incomplete, inaccurate or illegible may hamper the project review and approval process.
We advise you to call to track your project and see if all of the required items are accounted for. Missing items will also slow the Plan Check process.
You may contact your assigned Specialist via phone or email at any time during the Plan Check process with questions or comments.
Food Plan Check Resources
Public Pool/Spa Plan Check Resources
Tattoo & Body Art Plan Check Resources