Skip to content

Reminder — County offices will be closed Thursday 11/26 and Friday 11/27 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Housing Program

Assists individuals who have a diagnosed mental illness, are homeless, and are residents of Placer County.
In an effort to support individuals with different housing needs, Adult System of Care manages a Transitional Housing Program, a Permanent Supportive Housing Program, and two HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development) Subsidized Permanent Supportive Housing Programs.

Transitional Housing Program 

Placer County Adult System of Care currently works in collaboration with AMIH (Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing, Inc.) to provide a safe, group living environment with supportive services, to participants who are living with a mental illness and qualify for the transitional program. The Housing Collaborative has homes located in Auburn, Rocklin, and Roseville. Participants reside in a group living situation and participate in both independent and group activities that promote independent living and self-sufficiency. For additional information on this program and program fees, please call 530-889-7263.

Permanent Supportive Housing

Adult System of Care has three permanent housing projects:


Timberline is shared living in which 5 participants reside in a single family home.  Participants have a private bedroom and share the main living areas.



Corinthian is shared living in which 6 participants reside in a single family home.  Residents have roommates and also share the main living areas.


Placer Street 

Placer Street is shared living in a complex of 6 condominium style units; 2 master bedrooms/bath in each unit along with shared living space.


For more information and eligibility criteria please call (530) 889-7263.

Adult System of Care manages two Federally Funded HUD Supportive Housing Programs:

Shelter Plus Care and Adult System of Care Permanent Supportive Housing are funded by HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development)
Participants of these two programs pay up to 30% of their income towards their rent with the programs paying the difference in a rental subsidy.
These programs are designed to assist people in maintaining permanent housing by providing supportive services geared towards self-sufficiency.
For more information and eligibility criteria and to ask about our waiting list please call 530-889-7257.

For assistance with exploring housing resources listed here and within our community, please come to the Getting Started Group. This group occurs every Tuesday from 10-11 am at the Adult System of Care in Auburn - 11512 B Ave Auburn CA 95603 (Dewitt Center). For questions or more information please call 530-889-7257.

For a printable brochure.

Click on the links below for these additional resources:

Housing Resource Guide

Food Bank - English

Food Bank - Spanish