Older Adult Advisory Commission (OAAC)
Provides a voice for older adults in county government and advises the Placer County Board of Supervisors and the Department of Health and Human Services on matters relating to the creation and delivery of services that improve the quality of life for Placer County’s older adults.
The Older Adult Advisory Commission holds their meetings on the Third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Meeting locations vary between the Auburn Library Beecher Room and the Rocklin Library Community Room. The meeting is open to the public and interested parties are encouraged to attend.
2017 Meeting Schedule
2016 Meeting Schedule
Past Agendas and Minutes
2016 Agendas and Minutes
Membership Roster November 14, 2016
- Seat 1, Murial Moore, Term Expires 6-7-2019, District 1
- Seat 2, Michelle Nevins, Term Expires 11-8-2019, District 2
- Seat 3, Al Gonzalez, Term Expires 5-6-2017, District 3
- Seat 4, Suzanne Jones, Term Expires 5-20-2017, District 4
- Seat 5, Leslie Brewer, Term Expires 5-5-2018, District 5
- Seat 6, Jim Williams, Term Expires 7-8-2017, At Large
- Seat 7, William Read, Term Expires 5-6-2017, At Large
- Seat 8, Vacant, At Large
- Seat 9, Vacant, Older Adult Collaborative
- Seat 10, Irwin A. Herman, MD, Term Expires 11-4-2017, AAA4
- Seat 11, Karla Gustafson, Term Expires 1-27-2018, AAA4
- Seat 12, Vacant, CA Legislature
- Seat 13, Gloria Plasencia, Term Expires 6-12-2019, Minority Representative
- Seat 14, Ignacio Cespedes, Term Expires 9-13-2017, Senior Services
- Seat 15, Benjamin H. Eagleton, Term Expires 12-13-2017, Senior Services
- Seat 16, Jamee Horning, Term Expires 4-7-2018, Senior Services
- Seat 17, Eldon Luce, Term Expires 4-9-2019, Senior Services
- Seat 18, Vacant, Senior Services
- Seat 19, Vacant, Senior Services
- Seat 20, Jim Holmes, Board of Supervisors
- Seat 21, Cyndy Bigbee, ASOC & IHSS Public Authority
- Seat 22, Dave Soto, Area 4 Agency on Aging
- Beverly Roberts, Board of Supervisors
- Jodee Steinbrecher, ASOC & IHSS Public Authority
- Seniors First
- Seniors First is a nonprofit corporation, specializing in services to seniors and their families. They are dedicated to providing community education, through their free Speaker’s Bureau and serve as a valuable resource for anyone seeking services for a senior loved one.
- Area 4 Agency on Aging
- “To provide leadership on issues which affect the quality of life for all older persons and to promote citizen involvement in planning and delivering programs and services necessary to ensure maximum independence and dignity for older individuals and functionally impaired adults”
- The Dementia Whisperer
- To support and encourage family and professional caregivers, in an innovative way, that will help them to remain in a place of compassion, love and acceptance. We will do this by providing information and tools that will help open windows to the darkened mind of a person who is suffering from dementia.
- We recognize that the dementia challenged adult does not forget a tone of voice and continues to recognize feelings of sincerity and care.
- Ombudsman Services of Northern California
- To actively promote standards of excellence in the advocacy and enhancement of quality of life for long-term care residents; serving the Counties of Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sutter, Trinity, Yolo, and Yuba.
The Older Adult Advisory Commission (OAAC), in an effort to bring information to the Older Adult population within Placer County, has initiated writing and publishing a monthly article, written by commissioners, for local publication. The articles below have appeared in the Sentinel (Auburn), the Foresthill Messenger, and the Sun Senior News - Lincoln Hills & Roseville. Here is an archive of those articles for your reading and reference.
2014-2015 Annual Report
2013-2014 Annual Report
2012-2013 Annual Report
2011-2012 Annual Report
To report public assistance fraud, including IHSS, please call 916-784-6180
For a printable brochure