Substance Use Services
Placer County utilizes a Motivational Interviewing approach, which means our services are based on your needs. Staff will meet you where you are at in your recovery process. Some people struggle to know IF they have a problem. Others know they have a problem with a substance but are unaware of another substance or issue affecting their lives. Treatment can begin at any point of this journey. Whether you are court referred or feel pressured into treatment, or are coming voluntarily, you will be referred to treatment tailored to meet your individual needs. You will be welcomed and treated with respect and compassion. Placer County staff look forward to helping you begin or continue your recovery journey.
Screening Clinic Information
The Screening Clinic is free to all Placer County residents. The purpose of Screening Clinic is to screen for alcohol and drug issues and make recommendations regarding resources, services and treatment options. Some clients will be referred from Screening Clinic to Assessment and Intake, others directly to treatment programs. Resources and your appropriate level of care will be discussed after screening. The Placer County AOD Screening Clinic is operated on a Drop-in basis. First come, first served.
Placer has five levels of treatment:
- Level One: Education, Pre-Treatment/Motivational enhancement and process groups at private provider locations.
- Level Two: Outclient groups held 1 x per week at either county and private provider locations.
- Level Three: Outclient groups held 2 to 3 times per week at either county and private provider locations.
- Level Four: Residential treatment (co-ed, men’s only, and women/women with children) at private provider locations. Most require self-funding.
- Level Five: Aftercare treatment for people with a minimum of 6 months sobriety. Outclient groups held 1 x per week. Relapse prevention provided at county or private providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should come to the Screening Clinic?
Any Placer County resident who desires to learn more about Alcohol and Drug treatment options in Placer County. Please call in advance if cultural or linguisitic accommodations are required.
How much does it cost?
Screening is FREE! If you need an additional assessment, there is a charge based on a sliding fee scale according to your income. Group/Individual session fees in the community and at the County are also based on a sliding fee scale. We work with everyone no matter what your income to find appropriate treatment!
What should I bring to the Screening Clinic?
Driver's License or other form of picture identification. Financial verification. Court documents (if applicable).
How can I attend a Screening Clinic?
Come to the Placer County Adult System of Care Mondays and Tuesdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Welcome Center, 11522 B Avenue, Auburn, CA, 95603 (DeWitt Center), 530-889-7240, or Thursdays from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm at the Cirby Clubhouse, 101 Cirby Hills Drive, Roseville, CA 95678, 916-787-8800. Be on time. If you are late, you may be required to return at a later date to complete the process.
For a printable brochure