Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Frequently Asked Questions

Get help for the victim of a violent crime?

Contact Victim/Witness of Crimes in Placer County at 916-543-8000 for information and referrals.

Can I report suspected child abuse and remain anonymous?

Yes, one may remain anonymous. Please call 866-293-1940. For reporting suspected adult abuse, please call 530-886-2900.

I am concerned about the welfare and/or health of a child, who do I call?

Please contact Placer County Family and Children’s Services toll free at 866-293-1940, or 916-872-6549.

Can my family and I qualify for County services if we have private insurance?

One must first exhaust all benefits from private insurance before contacting the county for additional services. Priority for county services are given to those who have Medi-Cal coverage, those who have Healthy Families coverage and who meet Severely Emotionally Disturbed criteria, and those with no other form of insurance. County services are designed as “safety net” services for those who do not have access to other resources.

My teenager is having behavioral problems in school and at home, who do I call?

Please call Family and Children’s Services toll free at 866-293-1940 or 916-872-6549 to determine if a youth qualifies for county services, or to receive referrals to community resources. One may also contact the school to request assistance for the problems that occur in school if they are interfering with a teenager’s ability to learn.

I recently gave birth, but now am feeling depressed, lonely and confused, who do I call?

Contact the Postpartum Support International Depression Helpline at 800-944-4773. The Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433) or 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255) . As well as many other resources which can be found on the internet or at a local hospital.

How can I become a foster care or adoptive parent?

Placer County operates a collaborative with Sierra Forever Families, Placer Kids, to recruit, train, and support foster and adoptive families, as well as match children needing a temporary or permanent home with available families. An orientation meeting is held every third Thursday of the month at the Placer Kids, 287 Nevada St, Upstairs in Conference Room, Auburn, CA 95603. For more information, please contact Donna Aleccia at 530-887-9982 or toll free at 888-387-9982.

Are the trainings posted to your website open to the public?

Some are open to community partners depending on the topic. Pease use the contact information to question a specific training either via the telephone or via email.