Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP)

Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP's) exist in order to provide the public, emergency responding agencies, and local government agencies information regarding the potential for hazardous chemical situations in the community. HMBP's aid in:

  • Emergency planning
  • Emergency release notification
  • Chemical storage reporting
  • Toxic chemical release inventory reporting.

HMBP's are part of the "Community Right-to-Know Act". For more information, please visit the California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES).

Threshold Quantities

A business is required to have an HMBP if its inventory exceeds any of these threshold quantities:

  • Solids - 500 lbs. or more
  • Liquids - 55 gallons or more
  • Compressed Gasses - 200 Cubic Feet or more
  • Extremely Hazardous Substances - Applicable Federal threshold quantities for extremely hazardous substances are specified in 40 CFR Part 355, Appendix A or B
  • Radiological Materials - Quantities for which an emergency plan is required are specified in 10 CFR Parts 30, 40, and 70.

Please use our CERS Guidance Document for Businesses to assist you in submission of your HMBP.

HMBP Resources