Medicaid Coverage Expansion (MCE)
The MCE program provides healthcare coverage to individuals 19 to 64 year old, whose income is at or below 133% of the federal poverty level. Property is not considered in determining eligibility for MCE. Which means you can own a car and a home and still qualify
Once approved the client will be able to obtain primary medical care through the Placer County clinics, Chapa De, and WellSpace Community Clinics. Specialty care is provided as needed by referral from the clinics to providers throughout the county.
Am I Eligible
In order to be eligible to MCE you must meet certain requirements:
- Income – limits at or below 133% FPL. This is $1274.00 per month for a single person and $1720.00 per month for a married couple. Earned income from a job or self-employment and unearned income count.
- Age – individuals applying for benefits must be 19 to 64, and must not be eligible for the Medi-Cal programs.
- Residency – you must be a resident of Placer County.
- Citizenship/Immigration- you must meet satisfactory immigration status by showing proof of citizenship, naturalization or legal residency status. Undocumented residents are not eligible for this program.
- Verification of ID, citizenship and Social Security card must be provided at application.
What Do I Need to Bring
The following items of verification (if applicable) are required to process your application:
- A picture identification card
- Social Security card
- Proof of US citizenship
- Rent and utility receipts as proof of Placer County residency
- Income verifications such as pay stubs or unemployment benefits.
There may be additional facts or information that the worker Program Specialist may need to find out to help you complete your application. The worker Program Specialist will give you time to provide these. If you need help getting this information, or need help paying for them, the we may be able to help.
Where Can I Apply
To apply for Medicaid Coverage Expansion benefits, you must visit one of the offices listed below. You will be asked to complete application forms and have an interview with a program specialist.
Auburn at DeWitt Center
11542 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 889-7610 Fax - (530) 889-7608
1000 Sunset Blvd. #220
Rocklin, CA 95765
(916) 784-6000 Fax - (916) 784-6100
North Lake Tahoe at Carnelian Bay
5225 North Lake Blvd.
Carnelian Bay, CA 96140
(530) 546-1900 Fax - (530) 546-1912
All MCE applicants or their representative must have a face to face interview to complete the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
The information on this page is for reference only. Speak to a Human Services staff person for the most up-to-date information.