24580 Main St.
Foresthill, CA 95631-0419
Hours for this location
Hours vary during holidays and closures. See Holidays and Closures Schedule .
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday: Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Programs & Events
- 5 Internet workstations (with Microsoft Office: Word & Excel)
- WiFi throughout the building
- Ongoing Friends of the Library Used Book Sale
- Community Meeting Room
For more information, see Library Services.
Community Meeting Room
- Room Capacity: Limit 20
- Room Amenities: Large Capacity Coffee Pot, Sink/Hot Water/Paper Towels, Microwave Oven, Restrooms, Wi-Fi, Clock, Flag. Chairs & Tables
- Meeting Room Policy & Reservations
About the Branch
Foresthill Library is a rural library that is very active. Reading places, a great kids section, a Book Sale Room and a community room are part of the warm atmosphere.
Branch Manager: Robin Guthrie
Foresthill Library History
The first public library was introduced to Foresthill in 1935 by Matthew Langstaff, Sr. and was operated in conjunction with the Foresthill Telephone Office. It was originally located in the corner of the McKinley building. At first there were never more than five shelves of books, which were exchanged with Auburn every four to five months. Around 1940, the library and telephone office moved to a building across and further up Main street, but only remained there for a short period of time. The library was then moved into Doctor Kerin's office. It remained there until 1960 when it moved to a building owned by Cliff Hills at the intersection of Main and California Streets. The library only remained there for one year and moved to the rear of the Mischke Building where it stayed until 1966. Then in August of 1966, the library was moved to a building on the corner of Main and California streets which was almost opposite from its 1960 location. Finally in 1980 the library was moved to the community center building on Main Street. The Foresthill Library is 1995 square feet.