Book Clubs, Classes & Events
7/30/15 - Book Club: Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Thursday, July 30 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at Applegate Library.
8/12/15 - Film Screening and Discussion: "Chinese Builders of Gold Mountain"; Free film presentation with local PBS Documentary filmmaker Bill George. Question and answer session will follow the screening. Wednesday, August 12 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
8/13/15 - Book Club: The Little Book by Seldon Edwards. Thursday, August 13 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library.
8/20/15 - Tech Class: "Exploring Google" Google is a leading search engine. Learn to utilize other useful features such as: maps, videos, calendars and health and financial info. Thursday, Sept. 24, from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Kings Beach Library. Call 530-546-2021 to sign up.
8/26/15 - Book Club: Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. Wednesday, August 26 from 6:00-6:50 p.m. at Meadow Vista Library.
8/27/15 - Book Club: Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. Thursday, August 27 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at Applegate Library.
9/10/15 - Book Club: Travels with Charley by Steinbeck. Thursday, September 10 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library.
9/24/15 - Tech Class: "Fun with Facebook" Learn about adding photos, good security habits, private messaging and much more. Thursday, Sept. 24, from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Kings Beach Library. Call 530-546-2021 to sign up.
10/3/15 - Talk: "Reducing Stress Through Meditation" William Smith, Ret. Army Colonel & long time meditator will discuss how meditation can reduce stress and enhance mental equilibrium. Saturday, October 3 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library.
10/8/15 - Book Club: A Reliable Wife by Goolrick. Thursday, October 8 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library.
10/22/15 - Tech Class: "New Trends in Technology" Learn about using passwords, good security habits, virus protection, firewalls and much more. Thursday, Oct. 22, from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Kings Beach Library. Call 530-546-2021 to sign up.
11/12/15 - Book Club: A Tale for the Time Being by Ozeki. Thursday, November 12 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library.
12/10/15 - Book Club: The Greater Journey by McCullough. Thursday, December 10 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library.
- Basic Tech Help - Get help downloading eBooks to eReaders & Tablets. Thursdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.& Fridays 10:00 a.m.-Noon. Applegate Library. No appointment necessary.
- One-on-One Computer Help. Colfax Library. Call for an appointment: 530-346-8211
- One-on-One Computer Help. Rocklin Library. Call for an appointment: 916-624-3133
- Drop In Computer Help, 2nd Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library
- iPhone Support Group, 3rd Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library.
- Computer Basics in Spanish, 1st Friday of each month, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library.
- Basic Tech Help Get help downloading eBooks to eReaders & Tablets. Wednesdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Meadow Vista Library. Call for an appointment:530-878-2647
- Legal Self-Help Clinic, every Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - Noon at Sparks Law Library of Placer County. 1523 Lincoln Way, Auburn. For more information, call: 530-823-2573
Search the Library Catalog
Find books, audiobooks, eBooks & eAudio, DVDs and more
Access your Account
Renew, place holds, view checkouts