How to Renew and Place Holds
You will need your library card number and PIN. ("What's my PIN?"-- please see "How to change your PIN" below.)
How to renew books, DVDs, or other library materials
Open the Library Catalog and click on 'My Account' (top right of library catalog page), or, access your account using the button below.
- Log into your account with your Library card number and PIN.
- Open the 'Checkouts' tab if it's not already open.
- Click one or more checkboxes to select the titles you want to renew, or click Select All to renew all.
- Click the Renew button.
- Your renewals will be confirmed, or you will be told which items cannot be renewed.
- You may also renew items in person and by telephone.
Items that have already been renewed twice or have a hold on them are not eligible for renewal. Non-renewable items need to be returned to the Library as soon as possible. There is a $.25 charge per item per day. Note: ILL items may not be renewed online. Instead, please contact us.
How to place a hold (reserve) on books, DVDs, or other library materials
Open the Library Catalog
- Run a search in the catalog.
- After finding the item you want, click the Place Hold button near the item of your choice.
- To simultaneously place multiple holds, click the small check box to the left of each title of your choice. Then use the Select An Action dropdown box to Place Hold.
- Enter Library card number and PIN if prompted.
- Select the branch where you'd like to pick up your hold.
- You will be notified when your hold is available.
You may not be able to place a hold if an item is still in processing. If your first selection is checked out, look for other editions of the same title that may be available sooner. You may be able to find the same item with a different binding, or copyright date. Library staff can place holds for you as well, either by telephone, or in the library.
How to change your PIN
Open the Library Catalog
- Click on "My Account" located top right side of page.
- Enter your library card number and current PIN. (For cards obtained prior to October 1, 2008, your PIN is: changeme. For cards obtained after October 1, 2008, your PIN is the last four digits of the telephone number on your library card application.)
- Under the Personal Information tab, locate the 'Change PIN' drop down.
- Enter current PIN and your New PIN.
- Reenter New PIN to confirm it.
- Click the Update button.
- Log out of your library account and log back in to test your new PIN.
Having trouble? Please contact us during business hours.