Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Tahoe Office FAQ

I have an alternative sentencing question; how do I contact someone in the Tahoe office?

Call the Main line for Information at Tahoe Probation 530-546-1960 on Work Release and EMP.

I live outside of Placer County near Tahoe; can I apply for alternative sentencing?

If the offender lives in a different County, they have to fill out an application with us first, and then once it is determined that they will qualify for our program, we will find a program for them to participate in.

I am going to apply for alternative sentencing through the Tahoe office; can I choose which program to participate in?

If you report to the Tahoe office and you have 10 days or less you will normally be referred to Work Release, and if you have more than 10 days it will be EMP.