Book and Release
Process if Minor is Arrested and Taken to Placer
A crime is reported to law enforcement.
Law enforcement will conduct an investigation.
The minor is physically detained/searched.
Minor is detained at the Placer County Juvenile Detention Facility.
The minor can be released to a parent/guardian on a
Promise to Appear for a future court hearing or
be detained in custody pending a Detention Hearing.
Detention Requirements at Booking
- The Intake Office will make a decision to detain or release based on the following:
- Minor is beyond the parents control.
- Minor does not have the necessities of life or the home is unfit.
- Minor is likely to flee the Courts jurisdiction.
- Minor has violated an order of the Court. For the protection of the minor or person and/or property of another.
- Minor has a warrant.
Considerations by Probation at Booking
- Seriousness of the crime
- Past criminal arrest record
- Active Juvenile Probation
- Wants/Warrants from other states or counties
Parents Responsibilities at Release
- Parents/legal guardians must have government issued photo identification to pick up a minor when released.
- If the minor is released with a Promise to Appear, parents/legal guardians will be notified of the court date and time.
Juvenile Detention Facility Booking Process
- All minor’s are:
- Medically screened
- Searched for contraband
- Given an opportunity to call a parent/guardian, employer, and attorney
- Issued clothing, bedding and hygiene products
Juvenile Detention Facility
The Juvenile Detention Facility provides a safe and secure detention for minors.
- Juveniles in custody are:
- Pending court
- Serving a commitment
- Awaiting placement
- Are a danger to themselves, their family, or the community