JDF Visiting and Mail
Mail to the Juvenile Detention Facility
All incoming mail should be addressed as follows:
c/o Placer County Juvenile Detention Facility
2929 Richardson Drive, suite B, Auburn, CA 95603
All incoming and outgoing mail is screened by the Juvenile Detention Facility Staff.
Juvenile Detention Facility Visiting
Minors may receive visits from:
- parents/legal guardians
- attorney of record
- religious professionals or
- any court approved persons
A minor may have two visitors at a time for up to two hours a week unless otherwise specified.
Juvenile Detention Facility Visiting Hours
Visitors should call at least 24 hours in advance to determine minors’ housing assignment, at (530) 886-4875.
- Unit A: Saturday from 2:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Unit C: Sunday from 2:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Maximum Security:
- Parents must call (530) 886-4875 to schedule a date and time for visitation.
- Visitors must have government issued photo identification to attend visitation.
- Weapons, knives, drugs, lighters, cell phones, food, beverages, and other personal belongings are not allowed in visitation.
Visitors May Bring The Following To Visiting:
- Soft bound books that contain appropriate content
- A deck of playing cards
- School curriculum
- Self-adhesive stamps
Items Not Allowed at Visiting
- Hygiene items, outside food and drink
- Letters, cards and photographs should be mailed through the U.S. Postal Service.
- Probation will not accept inappropriate material.