Deputy Marriage Commissioner For A Day
The Clerk-Recorder has a program that allows individuals to be deputized for a day to perform a civil (non-religious) wedding ceremony. All those requesting to be deputized should call our office to schedule an appointment at (530) 886-5610, at least one week in advance. On the appointment date we will meet with the parties to be married and person wanting to be deputized. The following information will need to be provided to schedule the appointment:
- the full name of the person to be deputized
- the full legal names of the parties to the marriage
- the telephone number and address to contact each person
- the date of the wedding
- the location (City) of the wedding
Individuals are deputized Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00-11:30 a.m and 2:30-3:30 p.m. by appointment only.
Individuals coming in to be deputized should expect to spend half an hour at the Clerk-Recorder's Office.
Certain criteria must be met in order for us to perform this service and they are as follows:
- The ceremony must take place in Placer County and be a civil ceremony.
- The parties to be married must purchase their marriage license in Placer County. The issuance of the license will take place on the scheduled appointment date.
- The ceremony must take place within 90 days of the appointment date.
- All parties must show a government issued picture ID on the date of the appointment.
The fee for this service is $40.00. A Public marriage license is $57.00 and a Confidential marriage license is $60.00.
We also have wedding keepsake certificates available for purchase in the amount of $6.44 (this amount includes applicable sales tax). One will be issued complimentary to the person being deputized.
Also available for purchase including applicable sales tax are: wedding rings, bouquets, boutonnieres, DVD's, photos and keepsakes.