The Labor Relations Manager represents the CEO during negotiations and is the primary point of contact regarding wages, hours, terms, and conditions of employment. Placer County has two bargaining units; Placer Public Employees Organization (PPEO) represented by Local 39 and the Placer County Deputy Sheriff’s Association (PCDSA).
- Negotiates labor agreements with recognized employee organizations PPEO/Local 39, Deputy Sheriff’s Association (DSA) and In Home Support Services (IHSS)
- Resolves contract disputes
- Negotiates policy changes and side-table agreements
- Provides guidance and policy advice to County management, CEO, and Board of Supervisors (BOS) regarding labor relations issues
Assessment Appeals Board (AAB)
- Liaison between County Clerk of the Board of Supervisors (COB), Assessor, and Assessment Appeals Board (AAB)