Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Modify CCW Permit

What is the process to modify any information on your CCW Permit?

A current permit holder would need to make modifications to an existing permit for the following reasons:

  • Recently moved and still live within Placer County. You have 10 days after you move to modify your CCW permit with your new address.
  • Recently moved and live outside Placer County.
  • Add, drop, or change weapon on existing permit. Please note, when adding a gun to an existing permit you must have proof of proficiency and/or qualification must be submitted for the new weapon.

To modify your permit you will need to complete the DOJ Modification form Modification Form  and be submitted upon modification to permit. Modifications are processed within the Placer County Sheriff’s Records Unit and may be done on a Walk-In basis each Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. There will be a $5 charge for each CCW Permit modifications, payment made payable to “Placer County Sheriff’s Office”. Please note, when adding a gun to your permit proof of proficiency and/or qualification must be submitted.

For further information regarding modifying a CCW Permit, you may contact 530-889-6939.