Inmate Rules and Information
If there is a topic or question you have that is not answered below, please refer to the complete
- Inmates are not allowed incoming calls
- No messages are taken for inmates housed in the main jail. (Minimum security inmates may receive messages only if they are of an emergency nature, which is at the Sergeant's discretion.)
- Phones are provided for inmates to make outgoing collect calls only. To set up an account:
- Contact ICSolutions, available 24 hours a day, every day, at 1-888-506-8407
- Online @ ICSolutions.com
- By mail, sending a cashier’s check or money order to :
ATTN: Customer Service
2200 Danbury Street
San Antonio, TX 78217
For Prepaid Accounts
, please be sure to include with your payment, your name, your address, the designated telephone number at which you wish to receive call and the name of the facility where the inmate is located.
- Money orders or cashiers checks only (up to $80 each) made payable to the inmate with jail ID number are accepted for commissary use only.
- No cash, personal checks, phone cards, debit or credit cards will be accepted.
- Purchasers must fill in name and mailing address.
- Money orders and cashiers checks must be received no later than midnight Monday to be available for ordering commissary. You may also order commissary for the inmate through www.mycarepack.com
- No cards, gifts, cigarettes or other items for inmates will be accepted over the counter or by mail.
- Letters to inmates are only acceptable by mail and may not be larger than 10" x 13"; address the envelope as follows:
- Inmate's name, Jail ID number
2775 Richardson Dr
Auburn CA, 95603
- If stamps, paper or envelopes are mailed in to an inmate, then the whole letter will be returned to the sender. Any stickers attached to the envelopes or letters sent to an inmate will cause the whole letter to be returned to the sender. Greeting cards of any kind will not be accepted.
- Mail, both incoming and outgoing, shall be checked for contraband. Picture size allowed is no larger then 4x6 printed on plain copy paper or photographic paper only. NO Polaroid pictures allowed.
The Placer County Jail will not accept used books, hardback books and books ordered from distributors not listed on the authorized list of vendors. If ordering books on-line from the authorized list of vendors, you may only order new books. To ensure your books are being ordered correctly, make sure the sellers name is one of the authorized vendors and not a secondary vendor with a link on the authorized vendors’ web-site. Inmates are permitted to purchase, receive, and read paperback books, newspapers, or periodicals accepted for distribution by the U.S. Post Office. The exception is for those items determined by the Jail Commander that may pose a threat to the safety and security of the facility. Books and periodicals sent by a distributor approved by Jail Administration will be accepted: Amazon, Bartleby, Zooba, and Christian Book Distributor, Peabody MA. No pages or pictures removed from books or periodicals will be accepted and, if included in incoming mail, may cause the entire letter to be returned to sender.