Skip to content

King Fire Update: The fire is currently at 97,099 acres with 94% containment. Sign up for alerts, meeting information, smoke advisory, news releases, maps, and other information More »

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I file a restraining order?

Restraining Orders are handled through the following Placer County Superior Court offices.

Domestic relations (i.e. husband, wife or known relative) Family Law Division - 530-886-1212
Unknown/no relation to subject Civil Division - 530-889-6560

Who do I call to pick up a wild animal?

If the animal is found in an unincorporated area of Placer County (outside city/town) limits, you may call Placer County Animal Control at (530) 886-5500, otherwise please contact your city's Animal Control.

What are the regulations on shooting in Placer County?

The county does not regulate shooting on private property as long as you do the following:
• You are in the unincorporated area of the county.
• You are shooting in a safe manner.
• You are shooting on your property, and the rounds stop on your property in a safe backstop.
• You may not shoot across another person’s property, road, easement, fence line etc.
• If you are shooting on someone else’s property, that property owner must accompany the shooter or you must have their written permission.

The fish and game rule of shooting with 300 feet of any dwelling only applies to hunting, it has no bearing on target shooting.

How do I go about finding job information?

job information

How can I get a Concealed Weapons Permit? 

Concealed Weapons 

How do I get Vehicle Release Information? 

Vehicle Release Information

How do I find Megan's Law Information?

Megan's Law Information 

What happens to unclamed property?

unclaimed property 

What is Placer County Crime Stoppers?

Placer County Crime Stoppers

What is Sheriff Council?

Sheriff's Council

Can I make a 911 call from a cell phone to Placer County Sheriff?

cell phone  

Need a question answered? Contact us at

Have a Concealed Weapons Permit question? Contact