The Sheriff’s Public and Records unit is responsible for collecting fees and releasing the following towed vehicles:
Public and Records Unit Business Hours
- Impounded vehicles 5, 10, 15, and 30 day holds
- Towed and Stored (No Hold)
- Hours Monday - Friday
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Contact 530-889-7812
- No releases on Holiday’s There are TWO steps to getting your car released:
Call 530-889-7812 (hours are listed above). This is so we can give accurate, updated, and specific information on the release of your vehicle. We can save you the trip to the office if the vehicle can not be released until a specific date.
When coming to the office make sure you have the following with you:
- Proof of ownership
- Current / Valid Registration and/or Moving Permit or Temporary Operating permit
- Valid drivers license or a driver with a valid drivers license
- Fees in exact cash or check - $75.00 to be paid to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office
- A copy of the vehicle tow report is helpful
Note: In addition to the Sheriff’s fees, tow companies charge daily storage fees. As fees may vary please check with the tow company for the actual charge.