Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Local Drainage Concerns

Local Drainage Concerns or Problem?

Local drainage conditions can be impacted through development and grading activities and maintenance practices. Such impacts can include increases in the volume and velocity of stormwater runoff as well as changing the character and location of discharges from one property to another. Some of these changes are allowed under the law, though damaging someone else’s property is usually not acceptable. Development and construction-related drainage matters are typically addressed and managed by the permitting and inspection agencies. For additional information on drainage please view our Watch Out for Water pamphlet. For drainage concerns in the unincorporated areas of Placer County, please contact the Community Development Resource Agency’s Engineering and Surveying Department. If located within one of the County’s incorporated cities, please contact the appropriate jurisdiction.  For your convenience the following links are provided:

How to Contact Us

For Grading and Construction Related Issues
  • Placer County Engineering & Surveying
    Phone: (530) 745-7310
For County Road Related Drainage
  • Contact Public Works Road Maintenance Division at 530-745-7565
For Water Quality issues
  • Contact 530-745-7555