Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Flood Zone Determinations

Information regarding Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA) flood zone determinations in unincorporated areas is available from Placer County Public Works. Alternatively, if you wish to look up this information yourself, you can access flood zone maps through the FEMA Map Service Center . You do not need an account to get flood zone information—just type in your address on the left-side of the page under “Product Search”. On the next page, click “View” to get the flood map of the area. Additionally, structures located in the SFHA may have an Elevation Certificate completed if it was built after a SFHA designation. This information is also available at Placer County Public Works or Building Department.

For Unincorporated Placer County Properties:

  • If you are not sure if your property is located in a FEMA designated Special Flood Hazard Area (100-year floodplain), you may request a written determination. You may complete the Flood Zone Information Request Form" and submit it to the Floodplain Manager, as instructed on the form,or contact us at (530)745-7503.

For Incorporated City and Town Properties:

  • Flood Zone determination inquiries within the incorporated cities of Placer County need to be directed to those individual jurisdictions, or you must look up the information yourself using the FEMA Map Service Center. Placer County does not provide this service for incorporated areas. For your convenience, listed below are links to the Cities’ web sites:

Contact Placer County Floodplain Management


Floodplain Management

Mailing Address

Placer County Floodplain Management
3091 County Center Drive, Suite 220
Auburn, CA 95603

Office Address

Placer County Floodplain Management
3091 County Center Drive, Suite 220
Auburn, CA 95603



Office Hours

Mon-Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Directions & Map

View Larger Map