The Placer County Budget is the annual financial blueprint of the Board of Supervisors' priorities to balance available resources with the service needs of Placer County's residents. The budget includes 13 operating funds and two infrastructure funds to support a broad spectrum of services delivered by 18 departments and over 2,300 funded positions. +more
The County Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the development and administration of the budget, which is reviewed and approved by the Board of Supervisors. The CEO works with departments to develop the budget in two phases each year to deliver recommendations for proposed and final budgets.
- Proposed Budget - In June, the Board of Supervisors adopts a Proposed Budget to have a spending plan in place before the fiscal year begins on July 1.
- Final Budget - The Board typically conducts a public budget workshop in August. As required by State law, the Board holds a public hearing in September to consider updated revenue and expenditure estimates and adopts the Final Budget by October 2. The Final Budget is published by the County Auditor and available online as a PDF file that can be downloaded.
Latest Budget News
Current Budget for 2013-14
The FY 2013-14 Proposed Budget was adopted in June. The Final Budget will be adopted by October 2 and then be available for download.
Proposed Budget Budget and Financial Policy
Meetings and Presentations
- September 10, 2014 Public Hearing & Final Budget Adoption
- June 4, 2013 Board Meeting
- March 12, 2013 Board Meeting
- February 26, 2013 Board Meeting
- Department Budget Presentations (Windows Media Video files):