Employees affected by the fire at the Westfield Galleria at Roseville who also reside in Placer County can apply for a variety of assistance programs through Placer County Human Services. (Contact information for employees who reside in neighboring counties is below.) Programs include Food Stamps, Medi-Cal, CalWORKS, Employment Services, Medical Care Services Program (MCSP) and General Relief.
Office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Mon-Fri at the following locations:
- Sunset Office
1000 Sunset Blvd. Ste. 220
Rocklin, CA 95675
- Auburn Office
11552 B Ave.
Auburn, CA 95603
Starting Mon., Oct. 25, representatives from the Employment Development Department (EDD) will be on-site at the Sunset Human Services office in Rocklin to provide unemployment application assistance to impacted residents. EDD representatives will be available from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. for one week only, Oct. 25-29.
Additionally, Placer County is in discussion with the state Franchise Tax Board to have representatives from that organization at the local assistance center to offer help to those directly affected by the fire.
Any impacted employees who reside in neighboring counties are encouraged to apply for services through the Human Services office in the county in which they reside. The following list provides informational phone numbers for those neighboring counties:
- Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance (916) 875-3601
- Nevada County Human Services Agency (530) 265-1218
- El Dorado County Department of Social Services (530) 642-7300
- Yuba County Health and Human Services (530) 749-6311
- Yolo County Department of Employment and Social Services (530) 661-2750
- Sutter County Welfare and Social Services Division (530) 822-7237