Placer County Redevelopment Agency Opening North Lake Tahoe Office
February 23, 2011
The Placer County Redevelopment Agency will be opening an office on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe in Kings Beach, California. The office is located at 8697 North Lake Tahoe Blvd., and will be open to the public two days a week when renovations are completed in March. Office hours are planned for Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
The satellite office will give the Agency a more consistent presence in the Tahoe Basin. With numerous projects in the development, planning and construction phases on the North Shore, having a permanent RDA office with regular hours will enable residents and other interested parties in the area to drop by and discuss the Agency’s work. The Redevelopment Agency hopes that having staff in the Basin will improve relationships with the public and other governmental entities that deal with Lake Tahoe issues.
Until renovations to the new RDA building in Kings Beach are finished, Agency staff will be available in the Placer County Department of Public Works’ offices at 7717 North Lake Blvd., in Kings Beach. The present telephone number for the Agency is 530-546-1953. Any members of the public who would like to schedule a meeting with staff during regular Tahoe office hours should call 530-745-3171.
The Redevelopment Agency is involved with numerous projects in the Tahoe Basin. They include:
- Domus Housing Development in Kings Beach;
- Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project;
- TRPA Regional Plan Update/Tahoe Community Plans Updates;
- TRPA Chapter 15 Amendment;
- Parking Lot property acquisition and construction in Tahoe City and Kings Beach;
- Ferrari Kings Beach Town Center Community Enhancement Program (CEP) Project;
- BB, LLC Kings Beach Mixed Use CEP project;
- Tahoe City Transit Center;
- Tahoe City Wye Improvements;
- Kings Beach Eastern Gateway Project;
- Tahoe City Gateway Monuments;
- North Lake Tahoe 5-Year Implementation Plan Update;
- Lake Forest Water District/Tahoe City PUD project;
- Tahoe Housing Rehab Assistance Program;
- Kings Beach Everett Property Redevelopment Project; and
- Tahoe Vista Recreation Area Improvements.