What: FREE Medication Take-Back Events in Placer County
(no sharps accepted)
When: Saturday, October 29th 10 am – 2 pm
Where: 11 Locations including Tahoe
- Roseville: Oakmont High School 1710 Cirby Way; Roseville High School 1 Tiger Way; Woodcreek High School 2551 Woodcreek Oaks Blvd; Antelope High School 7801 Titan Way
- Lincoln: Lincoln Police Department 770 7th Street
- Rocklin: Sierra College Rocklin Rd. Parking Lot D; Whitney High School 701 Wildcat Blvd.
- Granite Bay: Granite Bay High School 1 Grizzly Way
- Loomis: Sheriff Substation 6140 Horseshoe Bar Rd.
- Auburn: City Hall 1225 Lincoln Way
- Tahoe City: Tahoe City Fire Department, 300 North Lake Boulevard.
Who: Placer County residents (including those who live in the cities and towns of Placer County)
Why: Unused and expired medication should never be thrown in the trash or dumped in the toilet.
Disposing of them in these ways can pollute our waterways, damage the environment, and cause defects in fish and amphibians.
Can’t Make the Event? Pharmaceuticals and Sharps can be disposed of for free, at the following:
In Roseville: Every day at the Western Placer Waste Management Authority’s Household Hazardous Waste facility between 8 am and 5 pm. Located at 3033 Fiddyment Road in Roseville (entrance on Athens Avenue). Visit http://www.wpwma.com/hhw.html for more information.
In Tahoe: November 12th at the Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal on the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day. Please Call (530) 583-0148 to make an appointment.
Still have questions?
Please see the attached flier for more information, or call 530 889-7238.
A collaborative effort of Auburn’s, Lincoln’s, Rocklin’s, Roseville’s and Placer County’s law enforcement, water quality, and public health entities as well as local schools, the Coalition for Placer Youth , the Placer Youth Commission and the DEA.