Tahoe Public Meeting Seek Comment on New County Website
October 18, 2013
Placer County is set to unveil a new look for the county website with easier access to information and services available to the public. With enhanced search capability, mobile device compatibility and more intuitive organization, the public will have an easier time navigating the site.
As part of the new website rollout, the county is hosting a public meeting next week to promote public engagement, solicit feedback and to gather comments and ideas for the new design. The meeting is scheduled for:
- Tuesday, Oct 29th, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.at the Customs House, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145
The website redesign project began more than a year ago with research to identify how and why the public utilizes the county’s website. The redesign is the result of a careful review of historic uses of the current website. New technology has been incorporated including software that adjusts the web pages to the screen size of the mobile device that’s being used. Placer County has conducted surveys to gather public input to help shape the design look and utility of the new site. Every county department was tasked with reducing the number of pages on the website by consolidating like features and programs and editing written text.
At the upcoming public meetings, Information Technology staff will:
- Give a brief history of the county’s web site;
- Explain key concepts driving the website redesign;
- Present website statistics, concepts, and design guidelines;
- Gather feedback, comments and ideas from the public on website content, its presentation, future enhancements and improvements.
For additional information or to provide suggestions for the county’s website, please contact Mike Spak at 530-886-4293 or by EMAIL.