COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2007
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Chairman Kranz.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 4-8) - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 11 thru 25) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion. The Board will adjourn as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Item # 23 a&b.
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Washoe/Sunnyside, Tahoe City fire update and report from Chairman Kranz regarding Tahoe Regional Panning Agency related actions.
2. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/ADULT SYSTEM OF CARE – Presentation of a resolution proclaiming September 2007 as National Alcohol & Drug Prevention, Treatment and Recovery Month.
3. FACILITY SERVICES/CONNECTION FEE INCREASES FOR SEWER DISTRICTS UTILIZING ROSEVILLE TREATMENT PLANTS - Public hearing to receive comments concerning a proposed adjustment to the regional portion of the connection fee for Sewer Maintenance District (SMD) 2 (Granite Bay area), SMD 3 (Auburn Folsom area), County Service Area 28, Zone 2A3 (Sunset Whitney) and County Service Area 28, Zone 173 (Dry Creek).; consider adoption of an ordinance adjusting connection fees enumerated in Section 13.12.350 of the Placer County Code; make a finding pursuant to Section 21080(b)(8), of the Public Resource Code, that the higher fee is derived directly from the cost of providing service and is necessary to meet operating expenses required for maintenance of service and is, therefore, exempt from environmental review.
4. PUBLIC WORKS/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/THE NORTHSIDE (North Star Tahoe):
a. Public Works/County Service Area 28, Zone 206 (Water Quality Monitoring) and Setting a Fee for Services – Public hearing to consider all protests, tabulate ballots, and adopt a resolution creating Zone of Benefit 206 and setting charges, at a maximum cost of $306 per dwelling unit equivalent, to monitor surface and groundwater quality in the Martis Valley watershed.
b. Public Works/County Service Area 28, Zone 205 (Transit Services) and Setting a Fee for Services – Public hearing to consider all protests, tabulate ballots, and adopt a resolution creating Zone of Benefit 205 and setting charges, at a cost of $36.47 per dwelling unit equivalent, to operate transit service in the Martis Valley.
c. Community Development Resource Agency/The Northside Phase 1, Tract #950 – Approve the final map, two subdivision improvement agreements and authorize the recording. Subject property is located at the intersection of Big Springs Drive and Northstar Drive in the Northstar at Tahoe ski area.
5. FACILITY SERVICES/SEWER MAINTENANCE DISTRICT 1 – Public hearings to consider the following:
a. Resolution annexing the Mary E. Bardellini property , APN 038-121-022, 038-121-028, 038-121-029, into the district. Subject property is located on Blitz Road in Auburn.
b. Resolution annexing the Timothy and Rhonda Boughton property , APN 051-100-046, into the district. Subject property is located on Kemper Road in Auburn.
c. Resolution annexing the Cobblestone Homes, Inc. property , APN 051-090-031, into the district. Subject property is located on Kemper Road in Auburn.
d. Resolution annexing the Lance Engelstad property , APN 051-100-049, into the district. Subject property is located on Kemper Road in Auburn
6. COUNTY EXECUTIVE – Public hearing on the FY 2007/08 Final Budget; to take public comment on the budget and receive requests for additional funding; if necessary, direct staff to make written changes to the budget before close of the public hearing; close the public hearing; and direct staff to prepare the resolution for presentation at the next Board meeting to adopt the Proposed Budget including the following revisions:
(1) Approve $8,613,315 net allocations in the County Budget; and
(2) Approve allocations for proprietary funds; and
(3) Approve items listed on the Master Fixed Asset List; and
(4) Approve the recommended Position Allocation Listing; and
(5) Approve reserve provisions and cancellations for county funds; and
(6) Approve allocations in Board of Supervisor governed special districts; and
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
7. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Kings Beach Clinic Tenant Improvements, Project #9176 - Approve Plans and Specifications and authorize staff to solicit bids for the project; approve a resolution authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute the resulting construction contract, in an amount not-to-exceed $370,506, upon review and approval by County Counsel and Risk Management, and to approve change orders, consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142, Public Contract Code.
b. The Main Jail Housing Unit 4 Plaster & Shower Remediation, Project #4623 - Authorize the Facility Services Director to execute construction contract with S.W. Allen Construction, Inc., in the amount of $1,068,692, upon review and approval by County Counsel and Risk Management, and to approve change orders, consistent with County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142, Public Contract Code, and approve a budget revision, in the amount of $631,966.
c. Sewer Maintenance District 1, Treatment Plant Digester Cleaning, Project #40207 - Approve the Plans and Specifications and authorize staff to solicit bids; adopt a resolution authorizing the Facility Services Director to award and execute the resulting contract, in an amount not to exceed $250,000, upon review and approval by Risk Management and County Counsel, and to approve contract change orders, consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142, Public Contract Code.
8. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/ADULT SYSTEM OF CARE - Approve agreement with Advocates for the Mentally Ill Housing, Inc., from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008, in the amount of $128,600, for housing support services and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the contract and subsequent amendments up to 10% of the total contract amount.
9. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Agreement - Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute Cooperative Agreement (03-0325) with California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for the Sunset Boulevard/State Route 65 Interchange.
b. Willow Creek Extension Project Contract #73265 – Resolution authorizing the Public Works Director to approve contract change orders with Gabe Mendez Inc., for an increase not to exceed the amount of $370,000, for a total contract amount of $1,709,308.
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Sierra Club, et al. vs. Placer County, et al., Case No. SCV-21529.
(b) County of Sutter vs. County of Placer, et al., Case No. SCV-21488.
(c) Rob Collins, et al. vs. County of Placer, et al., Case No. SCV-21525.
(2) Anticipated Litigation:
Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case.
(B) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
Property: Rocklin Library, Negotiating Parties: County of Placer and City of Rocklin
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment and conditions of lease
(C) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
(a) Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 4-8) - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 11 thru 25) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion. The Board will adjourn as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Item #23 a&b.
11. ASSESSOR - Approve Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Rocklin for joint parcel base updating and maintenance responsibilities within the City limits of Rocklin. The MOU is a cooperative arrangement for coordination and sharing of Geographic Information System parcel data that avoids duplication of certain updating activities.
12. AUDITOR/CONTROLLER - Resolution adopting 2007/08 property tax rates for voter-approved indebtedness, pursuant to Government Code Sections 29100 and 29106.
13. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Approve minutes of June 12, 26 and July 10, 2007.
14. CLERK RECORDER/ELECTIONS - Resolution authorizing the Registrar of Voters to render election services on November 6, 2007, for the Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools (Grant Joint Union High School District/Proposed North Area Unified School District) for the portion of the Grant Joint Union High School District within Placer County.
15. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Building Appeals Board – Approve reappointment of Lee Buckingham to Seat 3 (District 3), as requested by Supervisor Holmes; Richard Wyatt to Seat 2 (District 2), as requested by Supervisor Weygandt and David Saydak to Seat 4 (District 4), as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
b. Foresthill Veterans Memorial Hall Board – Approve appointment of Clinton Weaver, Stephen A. Coffman (Alternate) on Seat 1; Ramona Lee Wright-Schmiedel (Alternate) on Seat 5 and the reappointment of Vincent Robinson, Travis Reed (Alternate) on Seat 2; Francis Stevenson, John W. Clark (Alternate) on Seat 3; Stephen Cannizzaro on Seat 4; Marjorie D. Jones on Seat 5; Vicki Haskins Campbell, Larry Jordan (Alternate) on Seat 6, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
c. Historical Advisory Board – Approve appointment of Tracy Falk to Seat 4 (District 4), as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
d. Lincoln Veterans Memorial Hall Board – Approve appointment of Thomas E. Davenport, George M. Schwartz (Alternate), Seat 1; Victor Ioppolo (Alternate) Seat 2, reappointment of Richard L. Lercari, Seat 2; Len Valasek, Bud Duncan (Alternate) Seat 3; Samuel Silvas, John McCulloch (Alternate) Seat 4; as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
e. Loomis Veterans Memorial Board – Approve the appointment of Lawrence Johnson (Alternate) Seat 2, and reappointment of Thomas I. Seth, Seat 1; Earl Chinnock, Seat 2; Russ Kelley, Seat 3; Ron Jarnagin, Seat 4; Robert Miller, Ruben Ramos (Alternate) Seat 6; and Geray M. Bressie, Seat 7, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
f. North Auburn Municipal Advisory Council – Accept letters of resignation from Laurence Farinha, (Seat #2) and Todd Lindstrom, (Seat #7).
g. Planning Commission – Approve appointment of Richard A. Johnson (District 3), as requested by Supervisors Holmes and Laurence Farinha (District 5), as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
16. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY:
a. Engineering & Surveying/Cisco Grove Subdivision Phase 1, Tract #964 – Approve the final map and authorize recording of the project, located north of the Yuba River in Cisco Grove.
b. Engineering & Surveying/Loomis Ranch Phase II, Tract #925 – Approve the final map and authorize the recording of the project, located east of Sierra College Boulevard at Delmar Road.
c. Engineering & Surveying/Timilick Tahoe (aka Eaglewood) Phase 2A, Tract #963 – Approve the final map, subdivision improvement agreement and authorize the recording of the project, located off of Highway 267 in Martis Valley.
d. Planning - Approve Refund Request PMPM 20070189 to Roseville Design Group, in the amount of $1,419, to correct an over-charge on a Planning application.
e. Planning - Authorize the County Executive Officer to execute a contract amendment with Hausrath Economics Group for additional funding, in the amount of $20,000, for a total contract amount not to exceed $64,908.
17. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Administration – Resolution proclaiming September 2007 as “Placer County Combined Giving Campaign Month” and authorize solicitation of County employees as part of the 2007 campaign.
b. Emergency Services - Approve agreement with VESTRA Resources, Inc., who had the winning bid for completion of work in the on-going update of Placer County’s Local Hazard Mitigation Plan, in the amount of $59,960, and authorize the Procurement Manager to sign.
18. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. B Avenue Extension, Project #4777 - Resolution accepting the project as complete and authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute and record the Notice of Completion. Subject property is located in the Placer County Government Center, in north Auburn.
b. Lease Agreement - Approve a Lease Agreement with B.B., LLC, a California Limited Liability Company, in the annual amount of $14,793.60, for the premises located at Store “D”, 8645 North Lake Boulevard, in Kings Beach, for occupancy by the Health & Human Services Department for the Women Infants and Children Program.
c. Lease Agreement - Approve a lease agreement with the Lee T. Leong and Daisy A. Leong Revocable Trust, in the annual amount of $232,945.92, for 375 through 379 Nevada Street, Auburn, for occupancy by the Health & Human Services Department.
d. Manhole Lining Rehabilitation, Project #40204, 2006/2007 - Resolution accepting project as complete and authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute and record the Notice of Completion.
e. Purchase Order - Ratify a purchase order, in the amount of $450, for rental of temporary fencing at the Juvenile Detention Center, and approve payment to Security Contractor Services, Inc.
19. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Adult System of Care - Resolution proclaiming September 2007 as National Alcohol & Drug Prevention, Treatment and Recovery Month.
b. Adult System of Care - Approve revenue agreement for in-patient treatment of Nevada County clients at the Cirby Hills Psychiatric Health Facility for FY 2007/08, in an amount not to exceed $250,000, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments.
c. Community Health - Approve amendment to Blanket Purchase Order #13879 with Becton Dickinson Biosciences for FY 2006/07, increasing the maximum amount from $49,500 to $51,375, for the purchase of communicable disease testing reagents and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign.
20. PERSONNEL - Introduction of an ordinance relating to position reclassifications and title changes as approved by the Civil Service Commission in the period April through July 2007 affecting the Community Development Resource Agency and the departments of the District Attorney, Facility Services, and Probation.
21. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Change Order, Vaccines/Health & Human Services – Approve Change Order #1 to Blanket Purchase Order #14256 with Glaxosmithkline, to increase the maximum amount from $48,000 to $65,500.
22. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Abandonment - Resolution abandoning a portion of an overhead utility easement on Lot 14, Serene Lakes Unit #3, at the request of the lot owners.
b. Abandonment - Resolution abandoning a portion of Schaffer Mill Road, located in the Lahontan Subdivision, due to a realignment of the road.
c. Agreement - Authorize the Chairman and Public Works Director to execute an agreement to reimburse Nevada County, in an amount of $43,362, for providing transit service between Auburn and Grass Valley.
d. Grant Application - Resolution approving preparation of the California Tahoe Conservancy Planning Grant application, in an amount of up to $500,000, for mapping stormwater facilities and authorizing the Public Works Director to execute the grant documents for the 2007/08 grant funding cycle.
e. Grant Application - Resolution approving preparation for California Tahoe Conservancy Site Improvement/Acquisition Grant application, in an amount of up to $1,000,000, and authorizing the Public Works Director to execute the grant document for the 2007/08 grant funding cycle. Grant funding will support right-of-way acquisition, and final design and construction of storm water quality improvements for the Brockway Erosion Control Project, located in the Brockway residential subdivision near Kings Beach.
f. Stormwater Quality Violations – Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 8, Article 8.28, Section 8.28.190, to clarify enforcement provisions for Stormwater Quality violations.
23. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY:
a. Resolution approving an amendment to contract with LFR, Inc ., in the amount of $225,000, for a total amount not to exceed $700,000, for environmental services on various sites located in North Lake Tahoe Redevelopment Project area and authorizing the Chief Assistant CEO-Redevelopment Director to execute the amendment, subject to Agency Counsel review.
b. Redevelopment - Resolution amending land dedication agreement with the Tahoe Yacht Harbor LLC, regarding the Tahoe City Marina public parking structure, and authorizing the Chief Assistant CEO-Redevelopment Director, or designee, to sign documents, subject to Agency Counsel review.
24. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approve appropriation in the amount of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Community Concert Association, 62nd Annual Concert Season, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Approve appropriation in the amount of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Mermaids, Synchronized Swimming Team, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
c. Approve appropriation in the amount of $400 in Revenue Sharing monies to The Gathering Inn, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($150) and Supervisor Uhler ($250).
d. Approve appropriation in the amount of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Keaton Raphael Memorial, Gold Ties and Tiaras Event, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
e. Approve appropriation in the amount of $1,350 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, 6th Annual Lincoln Showcase, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($100) and Supervisor Weygandt ($1,250).
f. Approve appropriation in the amount of $600 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Hills Community Association, Volunteer Trail Crew, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
g. Approve appropriation in the amount of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Loomis Basin Chamber of Commerce, Building Fund, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm and Supervisor Holmes ($250 each).
h. Approve appropriation in the amount of $200 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Rocklin Chamber of Commerce, Scramble for Scholars, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
i. Approve appropriation in the amount of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to Roseville Chamber of Commerce 12th Annual, “SPLASH 2007”, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
j. Approve appropriation in the amount of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to Rocklin Historical Society, St. Mary’s of the Assumption Catholic Church Renovation Project, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
25. SHERIFF – Adjust the final budget, in the amount of $15,000, to upgrade a helicopter search light, and modify the Master Fixed Asset List and resulting budget revision to reflect the adjustment. Funds will be transferred from the helicopter maintenance within the Sheriff’s Department.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
26. AGRICULTURE – 2006 Agricultural Crop Report.
27. AUDITOR/CONTROLLER - Supplemental Law Enforcement Services Fund Report for 07/01/06-06/30/07.
28. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR - Treasurer’s Statement for the month of July 2007.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2007 MEETING SCHEDULE:
September 18, 2007
October 02, 2007
October 22, 2007 (Tahoe)
October 23, 2007 (Tahoe)
November 06, 2007
November 27, 2007
December 11, 2007