COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Holly Heinzen, Chief Assistant County Executive Officer
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chairman Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Chairwoman
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Duran.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – None.
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
a. Commemorative Coin Presentation
1. Presented the recipients of the Commemorative Coin awards with their coin. The recipients were personally chosen by the Supervisor for their district in recognition for either their acts of heroism, longstanding community service, or exceptional acts that have dramatically improved or impacted people’s lives. Recipients included: District 1, Liz and Gregg Goldthorpe; District 3, June Stewart, District 4, Sandy Harris, District 5, David Witsee and Mayumi Elegado. Supervisor Weygandt advised that recipients of District 2, Kathy Lund and Peter Hill, were unable to attend and will be rescheduled at a future meeting.
2. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approved and presented a Commendation to Kevin Eckard for his dedicated service to Placer County and the Assessment Appeals Board.
3. PLACER COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION
a. Williams School Report
1. Annual report on Williams Schools in Placer County presented by Gayle Garbolino-Mojica, County Superintendent of Schools.
4. COUNTY CLERK/ELECTIONS
1. Conducted a public hearing, continued from October 23, 2012. Ordinance 5694-B adopted amending Placer County Code Sections 2.116.140 and 2.116.150 relating to November even-year election fees and various other miscellaneous fee additions, changes and updates for the County Clerk-Recorder-Elections Office.
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
a. Western Placer County Land Use
1. Received an overview on western Placer County land use and provide direction as necessary.
6. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approved minutes of October 23, 2012. Supervisor Uhler absent.
MOTION Duran/Holmes/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Uhler abstained)
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
a. North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
1. Approved a contract with the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association (NLTRA) in the amount of $5,150,748 for Fiscal Year 2012-2013 to promote tourism and provide guidance on transportation and infrastructure project expenditures.
b. County Fiscal Implications
1. Received an update on the potential County fiscal implications of the November 6, 2012 election.
8. FACILITY SERVICES
a. Sewer Maintenance District 3 Regional Sewer Project
b. Sewer Maintenance District 3 Regional Sewer Project
1. Approved the Plans and Specifications for Alternative B, and authorized staff to solicit bids for the Sewer Maintenance District 3 Regional Sewer Project and return to the Board at the time of award of the construction contract to address project funding.
9. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
a. Adult System of Care, Contract Employee, Steven G. Sugden, M.D.
1. Approved a contract employee agreement with Steven G. Sugden, M.D. as staff psychiatrist for the provision of inpatient psychiatric services from December 1, 2012 through November 30, 2013 with direct compensation of $285,372 for a total compensation not to exceed $342,293 ($119,803 net County cost) and authorized the Chair to sign subsequent minor or ministerial amendments, other than for direct compensation, up to 10 percent of the original contract amount.
b. Adult System of Care, Contract, Vista Pacifica Enterprises, Inc.
1. Approved an agreement with Vista Pacifica Enterprises, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $300,000 ($180,000 net County cost) to provide mandated intensive mental health services for Placer County residents with the highest level of need from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2014 and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign subsequent amendments up to a cumulative total of 10 percent of the contract amount, consistent with the agreement’s subject matter and Scope of Work.
Adjourned as the Placer County Board of Supervisors and
Convened as the Placer County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority
10. IN-Home Supportive Services Public AuthoritY
a. Budget for FY 2012-13
1. Approved the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Public Authority Budget for FY 2012-13 in the amount of $784,515.
Adjourned as the Placer County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority and
Reconvened as the Placer County Board of Supervisors
11. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS – The Board received a report from Labor Negotiators
(a) Agency designated representatives: David Boesch, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Gerald O. Carden
Employee organization: DSA
Adjourned as the Placer County Board of Supervisors and convened as the Placer County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR - The Board received a report from Labor Negotiators
(a) Authority Negotiator: David Boesch, Bruce Heid, Maureen Bauman, Therese Leonard, Gerald O. Carden
Employee Organization: United Domestic Workers of America
Adjourned as the Placer County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority and Reconvened as the Placer County Board of Supervisors
CONSENT AGENDA - Consent Agenda approved with action as indicated. The Board convened as the Placer County Successor Agency for Item #21 a&b. MOTION Duran/Holmes/Unanimous
12. ORDINANCE – Second Reading:
a. Personnel/Civil Service Commission
1. Ordinance 5693-B adopted implementing the recommendations of the Civil Service Commission regarding the creation of the classification of Correctional Lieutenant and placement in the classified service at Salary Grade MGTS S20 ($5,728 - $6,963 monthly).
2. Approved the classification specification for the Correctional Lieutenant.
13. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Resolution 2012-261 adopted commending Captain George Malim upon his retirement for 25 years of dedicated public service as an employee of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
1. Approved a Commendation for Derrick Whitehead recognizing his 25 years of service to the City of Roseville, and congratulate him on his retirement.
1. Approved minutes of Monday, October 22, 2012.
14. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY – Rejected the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
a. 12-086, Courtney, Susan, Unstated, (Bodily Injury)
b. 12-094, Owens, Shawn, $50, (Property Loss)
15. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
a. Library Advisory Board – Approved the reappointment of Jennifer Rexroad to Seat #4 (representing District 4), as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
b. Placer County Resource Conservation District (RCD) – Approved the reappointment of Claudia Smith to Seat #3 (Representing At-Large), Robert Wiswell Jr. to Seat #4 (Representing At-Large), Thomas Wehri to Seat #6 (Representing At-Large) and Robin Mahoney to Seat #7 (Representing At-Large).
c. Wastewater Advisory Committee - Approved the appointment of Robin Mahoney to Seat #4 (representing Facility Services).
16. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING
a. Contract Amendment with TRA Environmental Services, Inc.
1. Approved a third contract amendment with TRA Environmental Sciences, Inc. for ongoing preparation of the Placer County Conservation Plan in the amount of $40,000 budgeted net County cost (for a total aggregate amount of $774,000) and authorized the County Executive to sign the amended contract.
17. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
1. Approved proposed North Lake Tahoe Resort Association infrastructure account expenditures for construction of the Lighthouse bus shelter in Tahoe City in the amount of $60,000, and preparation of the Wayfinding Signage Master Site Plan in the amount of $55,000.
b. Northstar Community Services District
1. Resolution 2012-262 adopted approving an Assignment of Permits to Appropriate Water between the County and Northstar Community Services District (NCSD), resulting in transfer of the County’s interest in State of California Water Rights Permits 16618 and 16619 to NCSD, and authorized the Chairwoman to sign. There is no net county cost with this action which is clean-up to a series of Board approved transactions in the early 1990s forming the independent special district NCSD.
c. Employee Contract Agreement
1. Amended an Employee Contract Agreement for the position of Successor Agency Director, with technical title changes with an extension of the term through May 3, 2013 with an increase in amount of $32,906, for a total contract cost not to exceed $232,906. There is no net county cost with this action. Funding is included in the FY 2012-13 budget.
d. Board of Supervisors 2013 Calendar
1. Approved the calendar year 2013 proposed schedule of meetings for the Placer County Board of Supervisors.
18. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES
a. Change Order to Blanket Purchase Order #19693 with Allstar Fire Equipment
1. Approved Change Order to Blanket Purchase Order #19693 with Allstar Fire Equipment increasing the maximum amount by $18,000 for a revised maximum amount of $60,000.
2. Authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting Change Order.
19. FACILITY SERVICES
a. Parks/California Landscape Associates, Inc/Maintenance Services Agreement
1. Rejected all bids received on February 15, 2012 for Bid #10149 for street-side grounds maintenance services in Granite Bay; and,
2. Approved a 2-1/2 year Maintenance Services Agreement with California Landscape, Inc. for street-side grounds maintenance services in the Granite Bay area in an amount not to exceed $119,035, funded by County Service Area revenues and a budgeted net County cost of $10,000, for the period from January 1, 2013 through June 30, 2015, and authorized the Chair to execute the Agreement on behalf of the Board.
20. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
a. Adult System of Care/Proclamation/Caregiver Appreciation Month
1. Approved a Proclamation proclaiming November 2012 as Caregiver Appreciation Month in Placer County.
b. Adult System of Care/Grant Agreement
1. Approved the 2011 Shelter Plus Care Agreement-New Projects with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to receive funds in the amount of $61,260 from December 1, 2012 through November 30, 2017 to provide on-going housing rental subsidies and self-sufficiency services to homeless or at risk of homelessness individuals and their families with a qualifying mental illness, and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign this agreement. The portion of the $61,260 used for rental subsidy will be matched in supportive services that are 100% State funded as a part of the Mental Health Services Act program. (No net County cost.)
c. Adult System of Care/Contract Amendment/PES-ebs, Inc.
1. Approved contract amendment CN013165-A with PES-ebs, Inc. for substance use outpatient treatment services and educational programming in the Auburn area, increasing the amount by $60,000 for a revised total amount not to exceed $190,000 with no net County cost, from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2014, and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign this amendment and subsequent amendments up to 10 percent of the revised contract amount, consistent with the current agreement’s subject matter and Scope of Work.
d. Children’s System of Care/Contract
1. Approved an agreement with KidsPeace National Centers, Inc. and KidsPeace Children’s Hospital, Inc., to provide intensive group home residential care and psychiatric hospitalization from September 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 in an amount not to exceed $203,848 ($93,949 net County cost), and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the agreement and subsequent amendments up to a cumulative total of 10 percent of the contract amount, consistent with the agreement’s subject matter and Scope of Work.
e. Community Clinics/Blanket Purchase Order
1. Approved a change order to Blanket Purchase Order #BP019374 with Rite Aid Corporation for local pharmacy services, increasing the maximum amount by $92,000 ($11,300 net County cost) for a new total of $222,000 from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012, and authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting change order.
21. PLACER COUNTY SUCCESSOR AGENCY
a. Conflict of Interest Code
1. Resolution 2012-263 adopted adopting a Conflict of Interest Code for the Successor Agency.
b. Tahoe City Jackpine Parking Lot Amended Lease
1. Resolution 2012-267 adopted authorizing the County Executive Officer, or his designee, to execute an amendment to the Tahoe City Jackpine Ground Lease to reflect the change in entities and to reduce the rent payable to the landlord from $1,977,000 to $1,620,276, a savings of $357,624.
22. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Change Order, Administrative Services/Information Technology
1. Approved Change Order #1 to Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) #20113 with Agreeya Solutions, Inc., of Folsom, CA for consultant services in support of the Information Technology Division’s Enterprise Support Services Web Team, with a budgeted net County cost of $100,000 for a revised maximum BPO amount of $149,000 and authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting change order.
b. Award Bid, Facility Services
1. Approved the award of competitive Bid #10175 to Tri-Signal Integration, Inc. of El Dorado Hills for fire alarm system response, inspection, testing and maintenance services in the amount of $53,700, which is funded by Facility Services’ Building Maintenance budget resulting in no additional net County cost, for the period of November 20, 2012 to December 31, 2013, and authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting Blanket Purchase Order.
c. Award Bid, Public Works/Fleet Operations & Road Maintenance
1. Approved the award of competitive Bid #10217 to Future Ford of Roseville for the purchase of one 4x4 diesel-powered Ford F450 SuperCab and chassis equipped with a Knapheide service body in the total amount of $74,045, funded by revenue collected from replacement funds with no additional net County cost, and authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting purchase order.
d. Renew Blanket Purchase Order/Public Works/Transit Services
1. Approved the annual renewal of a competitively awarded blanket purchase order (BPO) with VPSI Inc. of Troy, MI for leasing vanpool vehicles for the County’s vanpool program in the maximum amount of $156,200, funded by Transit Development Act revenue with no additional net County cost, for the period of November 20, 2012 through December 31, 2013, and authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting BPO.
23. PUBLIC WORKS
a. Auburn Folsom Road Widening Project Contract #73168
1. Resolution 2012-264 adopted authorizing the Chair of the Board of Supervisors, with review and approval by County Counsel and Risk Management, to sign and execute Contract #73168, Amendment #5, with Dokken Engineering in the amount of $163,990 for engineering services which increases the original Professional Services Agreement (PSA) total to $2,318,457. There is no net County Cost.
b. Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) Program Proposed Projects
1. Approved the submittal of the Placer County request for candidate projects for Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) funding to Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) in the total amount of $1,532,000 for Replacement Buses ($732,000), Cook Riolo Pathway ($400,000), Martis Valley Trail ($400,000). There is no net County cost.
c. Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project, Easement Acquisition from King Building, LLC Property
1. Resolution 2012-265 adopted approving a Purchase Agreement for the acquisition of a Highway Easement and a Temporary Construction Easement on property owned by King Building, LLC, APN 090-123-001, for the Kings Beach Commercial Core Project in the amount of $38,600 utilizing FHWA/Caltrans Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act funds.
2. Authorized the Chairwoman to execute the Agreement and accept the Easement deeds. There is no net County cost.
d. Modify Public Hearing Location for Kings Beach Benefit Assessment District #1
1. As related to the Public Hearing scheduled on January 22, 2013, for Kings Beach Benefit Assessment District No. 1 (District) that occurred through previous Board resolution adoption on October 23, 2012, the following actions are recommended by your Board:
a. Modified the January 22, 2013 Public Hearing to designate the North Tahoe Event Center located at 8318 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach, California, as the primary hearing location;
b. Maintained the January 22, 2013 Public Hearing at County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, California, as an additional location for the public to deliver assessment ballots and to participate in the hearing by audio connection; and
c. Conduct the Public Hearing in both locations commence at 10:10 am or soon thereafter as the matter may be heard. There is no net County cost with this proposed action.
24. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer Land Trust’s 8th Annual Placer Conservator Award Ceremony, honoring Alex Ferreira, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
b. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Chamber of Commerce for the Veteran’s Day Event to honor Colonel Bud Anderson, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
c. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer County Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) for the purchase of replicas of the Congressional Gold Medal presented to Japanese American soldiers who fought in WWII, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
d. Approved appropriation of $350 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Mountain Mandarin Association for the purchase of directional signage, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
e. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Chamber of Commerce for the Festival of Lights Event, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
25. Treasurer’s Statement for the month of October 2012.
ADJOURNMENT – Next regular meeting is Tuesday, December 11, 2012.
AGENDA AVAILABLE VIA
PLACER COUNTY’S WEBSITE www.placer.ca.gov