COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2006
Bill Santucci, District 1, Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Placer County Administrative Center
Conference Room A, 175 Fulweiler Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
In accordance with the County Budget Act, the Board may add or change items contained in the adopted Proposed Budget for FY 2006/07. All additions and changes to the Proposed Budget approved by the Board of Supervisors shall be made available to the public at least 72 hours prior to the Final Budget Public Hearing.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15 minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
2. COUNTY EXECUTIVE – Opening comments and overview.
3. BUDGET WORKSHOP SCHEDULE – Conduct Budget Workshops with the following departments:
Sheriff, Community Development Resource Agency, Building Inspection, Engineering & Surveying, Planning, Agricultural Commissioner.
4. LUNCH – Placer County Administrative Center, Conference Room B, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn.
5. BUDGET WORKSHOP SCHEDULE – Conduct Budget Workshops with the following departments:
Assessor, Treasurer/Tax Collector, Auditor-Controller and County Clerk-Recorder.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 2
AUGUST 15, 2006
6. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION:
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. For Item Number B the Placer County Board of Supervisors will meet as the Placer County Redevelopment Agency. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
Board of Supervisors
Budget Workshop Schedule
August 15, 2006
County Executive Welcome 9:00 a.m. 25 minutes
Sheriff 9:25 – 9:55 30 minutes*
Community Development / Resource Agency
CDRA 9:55 – 10:10 15 minutes
Building Inspection 10:10 – 10:30 20 minutes
Engineering & Surveying 10:50 - 11:10 20 minutes
Planning 11:10 - 11:50 40 minutes
Agricultural Commissioner 11:50 – 12:15 25 minutes
Assessor 1:15 – 1:45 30 minutes
Treasurer-Tax Collector 1:45 – 2:15 30 minutes
Auditor-Controller 2:35 – 3:05 30 minutes
County Clerk-Recorder 3:05 – 3:35 30 minutes*
Adjourn Board Meeting until Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 9:00 a.m.
* Department requested date.