COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2006
Bill Santucci, District 1, Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Edward “Ted” M. Gaines, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, please contact the Clerk of the Board. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation.
CONTINUED ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING OF NOVEMBER 7, 2006
FLAG SALUTE - Led by Supervisor Kranz.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – Nancyjo Riekse, Agricultural Marketing Director, reported on Placer County issues appearing in various publications and the Mountain Mandarin Festival. Susan Prince thanked the Board for Hidden Falls Regional Park and said it is a real asset to Placer County residents.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – None.
CONSENT AGENDA – Consent Agenda approved with action as indicated.
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Approved minutes of October 10, 16, 23, 24, & 30, 2006.
2. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. PERSONNEL - Ordinance 5439-B adopted amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, relating to a salary increase to new state minimum wage level for the Occupational Trainee classification.
b. PERSONNEL/CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION – Ordinance 5440-B adopted amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Allocation of Positions, relating to the reclassification of one Technology Solutions Analyst I/II position to Senior Technology Solutions Analyst in the Clerk Recorder-Registrar of Voter’s Department and reclassification of one Client Services Program Manager position to Assistant Client Services Program Director in the Health and Human Services Department.
c. SHERIFF - Ordinance 5441-B adopted amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Allocations and Compensation, Section 3.12.030, Schedule of Classifications, Salary Plan and Grade Unclassified Service, and Section 3.12.040, Salaries-Placer County Sheriff’s Ordinance Initiative, to reflect the addition of the Assistant Sheriff position.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 2
NOVEMBER 20, 2006
3. PUBLIC WORKS/SR 49 SAFETY AND OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS – Resolution 2006-335 adopted authorizing the Director of Public Works to sign amendments to the State/County Cooperative Agreement for the State Route 49 Safety & Operational Improvement Project subject to County Counsel approval.
***End of Consent Agenda***
4. COUNTY COUNSEL – Authorized County Counsel to implement Board of Supervisor vacancy notice and appointment process. MOTION Holmes/Weygandt/Unanimous
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/PERSONNEL/ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. Ordinance 5442-B adopted adopting the Memorandums of Understanding with the Placer Public Employee Organization Professional and General Units regarding salaries, benefits and rule changes for the period July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2010. MOTION Holmes/Weygandt/Unanimous
b. Ordinance 5443-B adopted adjusting the salary, compensation, and benefits of management and confidential employees. MOTION Holmes/Weygandt VOTE 4:1 (Kranz No)
c. Ordinance 5444-B adopted adjusting the salary, compensation and benefits of elected department heads. MOTION Holmes/Weygandt VOTE 4:1 (Kranz No)
6. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54957 - PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION – The Board met in closed session to discuss the performance evaluation of the position, County Executive Officer, and concluded that evaluation.
Title: County Executive Officer
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR – The Board took up a brief conference with its labor negotiators with regards to DSA, PPEO and Management.
(a) Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS PAGE 3
NOVEMBER 20, 2006
7. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/PLACER COUNTY CONSERVATION PLAN (PCCP) – MOTION Kranz/Gaines/Unanimous to defer selection of any map until after it goes back to the biological working groups and other groups to come back and give them a chance to look at the other 14 maps and it be brought back to the Board at the second meeting in January (January 23, 2007 at 1:30 p.m.)
Financial analysis and prioritization of alternatives:
1. Direct staff to proceed with negotiations to refine the Alternative 14 reserve system for the PCCP.
2. Direct staff to work with the Financial Working Group to assist in the development of a finance plan for the PCCP.
3. Report back to the Board on the ability of the State and Federal agencies to support Reserve Map 14, as well as on the anticipated costs associated with completion of the PCCP.
ADJOURNMENT – Next meeting is Tuesday, December 5, 2006.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2006 MEETING SCHEDULE:
December 05, 2006
December 19, 2006
AGENDA AVAILABLE VIA FAX (530) 889-6800
OR FROM PLACER COUNTY’S WEBSITE www.placer.ca.gov