Board Agenda, January 10, 2006
|Bill Santucci, District 1, Vice Chairman
||Thomas Miller, County Executive
|Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman
||Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
|Jim Holmes, District 3
||Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
|Edward "Ted" M. Gaines, District 4
||Michael Boyle, Assistant County Executive
|Bruce Kranz, District 5
||Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
||Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Holmes.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS/REORGANIZATION OF THE BOARD:
a. Selection of 2006 Chairman.
b. Selection of 2006 Vice-Chairman.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 18) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item will be removed from the Agenda for discussion. The Board will convene as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Items #10 and 11.
1. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. County Executive - Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 1, Allocation of Positions, relating to the County Executive Office and the Sheriff Department.
2. WARRANT REGISTERS – Week ending November 11, 18, 25 and December 2, 9, 16, 23, 31, 2005.
3. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution commending Tim Hackworth, Public Works Director, upon his retirement after more than 13 years of service.
4. CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES – Resolution approving contract with the State Department of Justice, from January 1, 2006 to June 30, 2006, in an amount not to exceed $75,000, for prosecutorial services.
5. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY - County Counsel recommends rejection of the following claim:
a. 05-140, Cochran, Diane $185.88, (Property Damage).
6. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. County Service Area #28, Zone #165, Dry Creek Area Fire Service Community Advisory Committee – Approve reappointment of Manuel Carreras to Seat 1, Diane Howe to Seat 3, Billy Norman to Seat 4 and Susan Wright to Seat 7.
b. Mental Health Alcohol & Drug Advisory Board – Approve appointment of Fay Coble to Seat 15 (Public Interest District 3), as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
c. North Auburn Municipal Advisory Council – Approve reappointment of Georgia Emslie to Seat 1 (Property Owners), Laurence Farinha to Seat 2 (Property Owners), Chuck Rydell to Seat 5 (Property Owners) and Todd Lindstrom to Seat 7 (Business Owners), as requested by Supervisor Holmes and Supervisor Kranz.
d. Older Adult Advisory Commission – Approve appointment of Helen Tierney-Bale to Seat 8 (Public at Large) and Jean Rios to Seat 14 (American Association of Retired Persons), to serve a three-year term.
e. Penryn Municipal Advisory Council – Approve reappointment of Mike Bishop to Seat 2, Michael Sasko to Seat 3 and Sandra Elder to Seat 5, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
f. Placer County Planning Commission – Approve the reappointment of Gerald Brentnall, Jr., to Seat 7 (At Large West Sierra Crest).
g. West Placer Citizens Municipal Advisory Council – Approve reappointment of Claudette Mitchel-Weismantel to Seat 1, Barry Stillman to Seat 2 and George Brown to Seat 3, as requested by Supervisor Santucci.
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Introduction of an ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.030, Schedule of Classifications and Salary Ranges for Unclassified Service, affecting classification of Assessor and Assistant Assessor.
b. Approve a merit increase for Rae James, Redevelopment Agency Program Manager, from Step 1 to Step 2, retroactive to December 24, 2005.
c. Approve a merit increase for Kristen Spears, Assistant Assessor, from Step 2 to Step 3, effective January 21, 2006.
d. Approve a merit increase for Dave Seward, Purchasing Manager, from Step 4 to Step 5, effective January 21, 2006.
e. Placer County Fair – Approve the 2006 Operating Budget.
8. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES – Resolution approving the Placer Consolidated Fire Protection District FY 2005/06 Capital Facilities Plan, containing a 6.49% fee increase.
9. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/REDEVELOPMENT:
a. HOME Investment Partnership Application/2005 - Resolution authorizing the submission of an application, in the amount of $800,000, and authorize the Chief Assistant County Executive Officer, or designee, to execute the documents.
b. Resolution of Findings – Adopt resolution related to submission of a loan application for financing of public infrastructure improvements within the North Auburn Redevelopment area.
10. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD - Resolution authorizing the submission of a $1,500,000 loan application to the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank to construct public improvements in the North Auburn Redevelopment area and authorize the Redevelopment Director to sign the documents; resolution declaring the official intent of the Redevelopment Agency to reimburse certain expenditures from proceeds of obligation.
11. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD/PROCUREMENT – Award Request for Proposal #9489, Market Demand Land Use Study to Economic & Planning Systems, in the maximum amount of $97,000, for Kings Beach and Tahoe City and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign.
12. DISTRICT ATTORNEY – Approve a budget revision, in the amount of $37,515, canceling Public Safety Fund Insurance Fraud Prosecution reserves and increasing expenditure appropriations to include the operating costs for one new and two replacement lease vehicles in the department's budget.
13. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Agreement – Approve a six-year agreement with the Auburn Downtown Business Association for the operation of a gift shop/visitor center at the Historic Courthouse in Auburn, and authorize the Facility Services Director to sign after review and approval by County Counsel.
b. Granite Bay Community Park, Project #4933 – Resolution accepting the project as complete, authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute and record the Notice of Completion; ratify Contract Change Order #20, in the amount of $68,580.03 and authorize the Facility Services Director to execute the change order.
c. Historic Courthouse Fire Alarm System, Project #4754 – Accept a progress report and approve continuation of this project.
d. Main Jail Suicide Prevention Bars, Project #4748 – Ratify Contract Change Order #1 to Contract #KN020610 with ABI Contractors, in the amount of $31,890, for additional work required for the project and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign.
e. Purchase of DataGator Flow Meters – Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign purchase orders totaling an amount not to exceed $145,000, for sixteen flow meters from Renaissance Instruments, as a sole source procurement.
f. Residential Lease Agreement – Approve an agreement with Patricia A. Nylander for occupancy of the residence located on the Traylor Ranch Park property, 5050 English Colony Way, Penryn.
g. Sewer Maintenance District #1 – Resolution of Intention setting the time and date to hold a public hearing to consider the annexation of property owned by Glenn Templeton, APN 076-271-009, into the district. Subject property is located on Stanley Drive in Christian Valley.
h. Sewer Maintenance District #3 (SMD #3) – Approve Amendment #1 to Agreement #12028 with Raines, Melton & Carella, Inc., increasing compensation by $77,490, for a total cost not-to-exceed $187,670, to provide engineering services for the development of a feasibility study associated with wastewater treatment for SMD #3, and authorize the Facility Services Director to execute upon review and approval by County Counsel.
14. PERSONNEL/CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION – Introduction of an ordinance amending Chapter 3, affecting classification, compensation and allocation of positions in the Assessor and Auditor/Controller departments.
15. PLANNING/TAHOE CITY TRANSIT CENTER FINDINGS – Staff is requesting this item be continued to January 24, 2006.
16. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested bids under $100,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid #9510, Outside Plant Cabling/Facility Services – Award bid to Semans Communications, Inc., in the amount of $74,958.28, for the Community Development Resource Center.
b. Four (4) Lists of Qualified Consultants, Sanitary Landfill Projects – Adopt four lists of qualified consultants to provide consulting services on an as-needed basis for a three-year period, as the result of Request for Qualifications #9490, and cancel the existing list of consultants which resulted from Request for Qualifications #8931.
c. Purchase, Content Management System/Administrative Services – Approve purchase with P5 Solutions, in the amount of $96,684, for software, implementation services and support.
d. Surplus Vehicles & Equipment/Public Works/Sheriff – Declare vehicles and miscellaneous equipment as surplus and authorize their sale.
17. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Abandonment of Drainage Easement – Resolution abandoning a portion of a drainage easement on Lot 223, Lahontan, Unit #6, in the Tahoe area.
b. Brook Avenue Public Parking Facility, Contract #73211 (Kings Beach) – Resolution authorizing the Public Works Director to execute the Notice of Completion for the project.
18. REVENUE SHARING:
a. Approve appropriation of $150 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln High School 2nd Annual Lincoln Health & Wellness Fair, as requested by Chairman Weygandt.
b. Approve appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Granite Bay Kiwanis Club Holiday Care Package Program, as requested by Supervisor Gaines.
*** End of Consent Agenda***
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED BEFORE NOON, AS TIME ALLOWS
19. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT – Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid #9268, Library Materials/Library – Renew bid with Ingram Library Services, Inc., in the maximum blanket purchase order amount of $480,000, on an as needed basis.
b. Purchase Orders, Local Equipment Rentals/Facility Services/Public Works – Renew blanket purchase orders with Placer Equipment Rentals, in the maximum aggregate amount of $118,000.
20. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Legislation – Authorize the Chairman to sign a letter supporting House Resolution 4200, (Walden), the "Forest Emergency Recovery and Research Act", to improve the ability of the Federal Government to promptly implement recovery actions in response to catastrophic events.
b. Middle Fork Project Finance Authority – Discussion of a proposed Joint Powers Agreement with the Placer County Water Agency establishing the Middle Fork Project Finance Authority.
c. North Lake Tahoe Infrastructure Projects - Approve funding requests for various infrastructure projects, in the amount of $306,100, with funding to be provided through Transient Occupancy Tax funds, as recommended by the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association.
21. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Adult System of Care – Approve agreement with PEACE for Families, from July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2007, in an amount not to exceed $300,000, for Medi-Cal Administrative Activities Revenue Compliance and Claiming, and authorize the Chairman to sign the Certification Regarding Lobbying.
b. Adult System of Care – Approve the renewal grant agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to receive funds, in the amount of $293,282, for Permanent Supportive Housing under the Supportive Housing Program.
c. Community Health – Ratify the submittal of a grant application to the California HealthCare Foundation, from January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2006, in the amount of $50,000, for participation in the Planning for Children's Coverage Expansion Project, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the grant agreement and subsequent amendments.
d. Community Health – Ratify the submittal of a grant application to Delta Dental of California to participate in the Healthy Families Rural Health Demonstration Project, from November 1, 2006 through June 30, 2006, accept the resulting grant, in an amount not to exceed $37,401, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign.
e. Environmental Health – Introduction of an ordinance revising Article 8.26 of the Placer County Code, relating to on-site sewage treatment and disposal.
f. Environmental Health – Resolution establishing the Placer County Retail Food Sanitation Advisory Committee.
22. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/COMMUNITY HEALTH:
1. Approve agreement with State Department of Health Services, from August 31, 2005 through August 30, 2006, in an amount not to exceed $707,418, for the Public Health Preparedness and Response to Bioterrorism Program.
2. Sign Certification Regarding Lobbying and the Non-Supplantation Certification Form.
3. Approve the addition of one uninterruptible power supply, in the amount of $36,500, to the Master Fixed Asset List.
4. Approve a budget revision in the amount of $71,987.
5. Authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign future amendments.
23. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION:
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) McNeely v. Placer County, et al. U.S. District Court Case No. CIV.S-05-02549-WBS-KJM.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA
(C) §54956.8 – CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
(1) Property: APN: 090-191-014
Negotiating Parties: County of Placer or Redevelopment Agency and
Mike and Kimberly Hughes.
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment and conditions of acquisition.
(2) Property: Portions of APN Nos. 031-190-011 and 031-190-012, Negotiating Parties: County of Placer, PCWA and SunCal Companies.
Under Negotiation: Price, terms of payment and conditions of acquisition.
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN:
24. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation of a commendation to Arla Gibson, Executive Director, PEACE for Families, upon her retirement after more than 12 years of dedicated community service.
25. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation of a resolution commending Tim Hackworth, Public Works Director, upon his retirement after more than 13 years of service.
26. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES – Resolution ratifying the Declaration of Local Emergency, and receive an update on the impact of the recent winter storm on Placer County.
27. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Presentation of the Commemorative Coin Awards for 2005, followed by a reception in Conference Room A. The recipients were personally chosen by the Supervisor for their district in recognition for either their acts of heroism, longstanding community service, or exceptional acts that have dramatically improved or impacted people's lives.
28. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT – Public hearing to accept the recommendations of the Placer County Community Services Commission for the award of 2006 Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds to delegate agencies and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to enter into contracts for services for calendar year 2006. Authorize the Health & Human Services Director to renew contracts with the recommended agencies in 2007 for the same dollar amount contingent upon satisfactory performance in contract year 2006 and continued CSBG funding by the State.
29. FACILITY SERVICES – Public Hearing to consider approval of an agreement with Sun Power & Geothermal Energy, Inc. (Sun Power) for the design and installation of photovoltaic electrical generation systems at the DeWitt Center. Staff is requesting the item be continued to January 24, 2006 at 9:45 a.m.
30. PLANNING/APPEAL PENRYN 76 SIGN PERMIT & VARIANCE (PSIN20040783/ PVAA20050302). The property (APN #043-060-063 and 043-060-064) is comprised of 5 acres, is zoned C1-UP-DC (Neighborhood Commercial, Combining CUP required, Combining Design Scenic Corridor) and is located at 3142 Boyington Road in the Penryn area. Conduct a public hearing to consider the following:
a. Sign Permit (PSIN20040783) appeal by Bobby Rogers of the Planning Commission's denial of a sign permit for the re-facing of two existing canopies.
b. Variance (PVAA20050302) appeal by Bobby Rogers of the Planning Commission's denial of a variance for the construction of a 50-foot high freestanding pole sign where the maximum permitted height is 25 feet.
31. LUNCH – Placer County Administrative Center, Conference Room A, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, Discussion of the 2006 Board & Commission Assignments, agenda scheduling and closed session.
JOINT MEETING OF THE PLACER COUNTY
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE PLACER COUNTY WATER AGENCY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
32. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/MIDDLE FORK PROJECT FINANCE AUTHORITY – Resolutions by the Board of Supervisors and the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors approving the "Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement for the Middle Fork Project Finance Authority" between Placer County and PCWA, authorizing the respective Chairman to execute the agreement for and on behalf of the County and PCWA, and directing staff to carry out the provisions of the agreement as set forth in the Joint Powers Agreement. Followed by a reception in Conference Room A.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
33. AUDITOR/CONTROLLER – Statement of Condition of Cash in the Treasury for the month ending November 30, 2005.
34. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR – Treasurer's Statement for the month of November 2005.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS' 2006 MEETING SCHEDULE:
January 24, 2006
February 07, 2006
February 21, 2006
March 07, 2006
March 21, 2006