Board Agenda, February 7, 2006
|Bill Santucci, District 1, Chairman
||Thomas Miller, County Executive
|Robert Weygandt, District 2
||Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
|Jim Holmes, District 3
||Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
|Edward "Ted" M. Gaines, District 4
||Michael Boyle, Assistant County Executive
|Bruce Kranz, District 5, Vice Chairman
||Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
||Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR'S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA: All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 1 thru 14) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item will be removed from the Agenda for discussion.
1. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. Civil Service Commission – Ordinance amending Chapter 3, affecting classification, compensation and allocation of position for Community Development Resource Agency/Building Department, creating the position of Building Division Manager and to reclassify one Supervising Building Inspector position to a Building Division Manager.
2. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Approve minutes of November 29, December 6, and December 13, 2005.
3. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY - County Counsel recommends rejection of the following claims:
a. 05-077, Jackson, Judi, $25,000 + (Personal Injury).
b. 06-006, Jackson, Judi, $25,000 + (Personal Injury).
4. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Committee – Approve appointment of Eula Marshall to Seat #2 (Service Recipient), Diane Lester to Seat #5 (Service Recipient) and Karen Boal to Seat #9 (Service Recipient), as requested by the In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Committee.
b. Newcastle, Rocklin, Gold Hill Cemetery District – Approve reappointment of Gordon Takemoto to Seat 3, Wayne W. "Wes" Naylor to Seat 4 and Gene D. Gieck to Seat 5.
c. Sheridan Municipal Advisory Council - Approve appointment of Adam Carpineta to Seat 2, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
d. Solid Waste Independent Hearing Panel - Approve the appointment of Gerald Brentnall to Seat 3 (At-Large).
e. Tahoe Cemetery District – Approve reappointment of James R. O'Brien to Seat 1, Robert B. Scoville to Seat 2, Steve M. Glazer to Seat 4 and Randal Pomin to Seat 5 and appointment of Donald A. Hale to Seat 3, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
5. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/TERRACINA PLANNED DEVELOPMENT TRACT #928 – Approve the Final Map, Subdivision Improvement Agreement and authorize the recording.
6. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.030, Unclassified Service, Schedule of Classifications, Salary Plan and Grade Unclassified Service, relating to the Auditor-Controller Department, Managing Accountant Auditor positions.
b. Authorize the travel of Supervisors Holmes, Santucci and Weygandt to Washington DC from February 14 to 17, 2006, to meet with elected or appointed officials of the United States to discuss legislative and regulatory issues affecting the County, and over which the Federal officials have jurisdiction.
c. Approve a merit increase for Mary George, Assistant Director of Library Services, from Step 2 to Step 3, retroactive to January 21, 2006.
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES:
a. Placer Hills Fire Protection District - Resolution approving the FY 2005/06 Capital Facilities Plan update, retaining its existing mitigation fee schedule.
b. South Placer Fire Protection District - Resolution approving the 2005/06 Capital Facilities Plan update, reflecting a 4.3% Consumer Price Index base increase in Mitigation Fees.
8. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Historic Courthouse Fire Alarm System, Project #4754 – Accept a progress report and approve continuation of the project, pursuant to Section 22050 of the Public Contract Code and Section 1.3 (m) of the Purchasing Policy Manual.
b. Sewer Maintenance District #1 – Resolution of Intention setting the time and date to hold a public hearing to consider the annexation of property owned by Dunmore Communities, APN 052-080-012-510, into the district. Subject property is located on New Airport Road, Auburn.
9. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH – Approve a budget revision, in the amount of $11,500, for Animal Services licensing, dispatch and adoption software and add them to the Master Fixed Asset List.
a. Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendices DSAS-3, DSAN-4, and MGTS-9, relating to the salaries for the classifications covered by Proposition F and other associated law enforcement classifications, effective February 03, 2006, 5:01 p.m.
b. Approve the Placer County Equal Employment Opportunity Program Plan from January 01, 2006 through December 31, 2006.
11. PROCUREMENT SERVICES – In accordance with County Policy, non-contested bids under $100,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Bid #9520, Mobile Data Computers/Sheriff – Award to Compucom Systems, Inc., in the amount of $82,575.16.
12. PUBLIC WORKS/PLACER HILLS FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT – Resolution approving and authorizing the Chairman to execute a Quitclaim Deed with the Placer Hills Fire Protection District, quitclaiming an un-used portion of right-of-way in front of the fire station. Subject property is located on Combie Road at Placer Hills Road in Meadow Vista.
13. REVENUE SHARING - Approve appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Rotary Club for a training program, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
14. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR – Resolution delegating the authority to invest certain funds under the control of the Board of Supervisors to the Treasurer.
*** End of Consent Agenda***
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED BEFORE NOON, AS TIME ALLOWS
15. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES - Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 2, Articles 2.16 and 2.88 to reflect (1) the County Executive Officer as the Director of Emergency Services, (2) the County Executive Officer as the Chairman of the Disaster Council, (3) granting the Board authority to appoint other members of the Disaster Council, and (4) amending Chapter 3, Article 3.08, using the term "Emergency Services" in lieu of "Civil Defense."
16. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Children's System of Care - Approve an agreement with Gerald Brody, M.D., from January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2006, in the amount of $123,048.19, for psychiatric services as a contract employee.
b. Community Health - Adopt the California Department of Health Services' recommendation to expand managed care to Placer County by merging into the existing Sacramento Geographic Managed Care Model, and authorize the Chairman to sign and submit the letter of support.
c. Environmental Health - Approve contracts with the City of Colfax, City of Auburn, City of Rocklin and City of Lincoln for the provision of animal control services from July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2008, and authorize the Health and Human Services Director to execute amendments.
17. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION:
PERSONNEL SESSION/LABOR RELATIONS
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Cross v. County of Placer, Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV 27628.
(b) City of Rocklin v. Yee, Placer County Superior Court Case No. SCV 18727.
(c) City of Rocklin v. Snecchi, Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV 18721.
(d) Sierra Club, et al. vs. County of Placer/U.S. Home Corporation, et al. vs. Town of Loomis vs. County of Placer/Bickford Holdings, et al., Third District Court of Appeal Case No.: C047630.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director.
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA.
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN:
18. PLANNING BUSHNELL NURSERY REZONING AND APPEAL OF MINOR USE PERMIT (PREAT20040129) MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION – Public hearing to consider an appeal from Dave Bushnell of specific conditions of approval for a Minor Use Permit for a retail nursery, including retail sales, and an accessory landscape installation business. The Board will also consider a rezoning request from RS-B-20 (Single Family Residential, Building Site size 20,000 square feet) to F-Dc-B20 (Farm, Building size 20,000 square feet, Design Corridor), for the 15.7 acre project site. The property (APN 048-081-035, 048-081-054, 048-081-055, and 048-081-058) is located at 5255 Douglas Boulevard, approximately 1.5 miles east of Sierra College Boulevard, and is currently zoned RS-B-20 (Single Family Residential, Building Site size 20,000 square feet).
The County and the applicant are requesting a continuance to February 21, 2006 at 9:30 a.m.
19. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation by Diane Bras, Family Law Facilitator, regarding the Placer County Superior Court Legal Help Center.
20. FACILITY SERVICES/SEWER MAINTENANCE DISTRICT #1 - Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution annexing the Glenn Templeton property, APN 076-271-009, into the district. Subject property is located on Stanley Drive, Auburn.
21. COUNTY EXECUTIVE - Adopt a resolution authorizing a ballot measure for the June 6, 2006 primary election asking the electorate to consider repeal of Measure F affecting the salaries of Placer County Deputy Sheriffs.
22. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/PLACER CONSOLIDATED FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT – Adopt by resolution integration of the Placer Consolidated Fire Protection District fire protection responsibilities into Placer County Fire upon dissolution of the District. In addition, direct County staff to bring forward establishment of CSA 28, Zone of Benefit 193 concurrent with the District's dissolution to fund fire protection operations and capital facilities mitigation within the District area.
23. PLANNING/APPEAL PENRYN 76 SIGN PERMIT & VARIANCE (PSIN20040783/ PVAA20050302). The property (APN 043-060-063 and 043-060-064) is comprised of 5 acres, is zoned C1-UP-DC (Neighborhood Commercial, Combining CUP required, Combining Design Scenic Corridor) and is located at 3142 Boyington Road in the Penryn area. (Continued from January 10, 2006)
Conduct a public hearing to consider the following:
a. Sign Permit (PSIN20040783) appeal by Bobby Rogers of the Planning Commission's denial of a sign permit for the re-facing of two existing canopies.
b. Variance (PVAA20050302) appeal by Bobby Rogers of the Planning Commission's denial of a variance for the construction of a 50-foot high freestanding pole sign where the maximum permitted height is 25 feet.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS' 2006 MEETING SCHEDULE:
February 21, 2006
March 07, 2006
March 21, 2006