BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2007
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District
Robert Weygandt, District
Anthony J. La Bouff,
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District
Mike Boyle, Assistant
Bruce Kranz, District 5,
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center,
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Thomas Miller,
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 4-6) - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 12 thru 23) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation of a resolution commending Ken Yorde upon his retirement and for his contribution and dedicated service on the Rocklin City Council.
2. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Presentation of resolutions for Captain John FitzGerald (21 years), Captain Karl Fulenwider (27 years), Sergeant William “Chuck” Lichty (32 years), Randolph “Randy” Padilla, Deputy Sheriff ll (32 years), Alan Loeffler, Correctional Officer ll (21 years), Elizabeth “Liz” Liddle, Public Safety Dispatcher ll (27 years), and Gloria Ball, Senior Administrative Legal Clerk (28 years), congratulating them on their retirement and commending them for their years of dedicated public service as employees of Placer County.
3. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - Presentation by the Placer County Office of Economic Development providing an informational update regarding the Reno-Tahoe Winter Games Coalition (RTWGC) and their efforts to explore bringing the 2018 Winter Olympics to the Reno-Tahoe region. Your Board’s continued support of the RTWGC’s efforts is requested.
4. PUBLIC WORKS/NEIGHBORHOOD TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PROGRAM – Workshop to discuss the Placer County Neighborhood Traffic Management Program.
5. FACILITY SERVICES/COUNTY SEWER MAINTENANCE DISTRICT #1 - Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution annexing property owned by Scott Pringle, APN 038-120-008 and 038-121-008, located on Edgewood Road in Auburn, into the district.
6. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT:
a. Contract, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance/In-Home Supportive Services - Approve one-year renewal with Symetra Life Insurance Co., in the maximum amount of $900,550, for Homecare Workers.
b. Request for Proposal #9523, Case Management Software/Probation - Award to Automon Corporation and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute related agreements, in the maximum amount of $536,949.
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES:
a. Contract - Resolution approving the FY 2006/07 contract with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, in the amount of $5,851,482, which includes a General Fund contribution of $419,823, and authorize the Chairman to sign.
Grant - Accept a Federal Department of Homeland Security Buffer Zone
Protection Plan Grant, in the amount of $145,500, for use in improving security
at three sites selected by the Federal Office for Domestic Preparedness in
8. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/ADULT SYSTEM OF CARE - Approve the Mental Health Services Act Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan Agreement with the State Department of Mental Health from February 1, 2006 through June 30, 2008, in the amount of $6,698,467, and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign future amendments.
9. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Auburn Folsom Road Four-Lane Widening Project, South Phase, Bid #9660 – Resolution authorizing the Public Works Director to award and execute a tree removal contract for the project, in an amount of $250,000, and authorize the Public Works Director to approve contract change orders up to 10% of the contract amount.
Foresthill Road Slide Repair Emergency Funding – Resolution
authorizing the Public Works Director to execute a reimbursement agreement with
the Federal Highway Administration, up to an amount of $3,230,000, for storm
10. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS/REVENUE SHARING - In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approve appropriation in the amount of $200 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Koinonia Family Services for the Foster Care Program, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Approve appropriation in the amount of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lazarus Project for the 7th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Celebration, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt and Supervisor Holmes ($250 each).
c. Approve appropriation in the amount of $3,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Arts and Culture Foundation Annual Feats of Clay Celebration, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($500) and Supervisor Weygandt ($2,500).
d. Approve appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the 12th Annual PlacerGROWN Farm Conference, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt and Supervisor Holmes ($250 each).
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Steven R. Suer, et.
Judi Jackson vs.
(c) Orrin (Rick) Hoffman, WCAB Claim, Claim No.: SAC284531, SAC230855, Unassigned, SAC10867 and Unassigned.
(d) Alan Roberts, WCAB Claim, Claim No.: SAC0353218 and SAC0353219.
(2) Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
(a) Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director, Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
12. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Approve resolutions for Captain John FitzGerald (21 years), Captain Karl Fulenwider (27 years), Sergeant William “Chuck” Lichty (32 years), Randolph “Randy” Padilla, Deputy Sheriff ll (32 years), Alan Loeffler, Correctional Officer ll (21 years), Elizabeth “Liz” Liddle, Public Safety Dispatcher ll (27 years), and Gloria Ball, Senior Administrative Legal Clerk (28 years), congratulating them on their retirement and commending them for their years of dedicated public service as employees of Placer County.
b. Resolution commending Ken Yorde upon his retirement and for his contribution and dedicated service on the Rocklin City Council.
c. Approve contract with Kelly Hawkins to provide secretarial services to the Meadow Vista Municipal Advisory Council.
d. Approve contract with Kelly Hawkins to provide secretarial services to the Weimar/Applegate/ Colfax Municipal Advisory Council.
e. Approve minutes of December 19, 2006.
13. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY -
a. 06-120, Hern, Ashley, $304 (Property Damage).
b. 06-127, Scott, Larry, $13,381 (Property Damage).
c. 06-132, Torell, John, $674.69 (Property Damage).
d. 06-133, Graczyk, Doreen, Not Stated (Bodily Injury).
e. 06-143, Friend, Colby, $2,800 (Property Loss).
f. 07-002, Jacome, Ivan, $3,250.55 (Property Damage).
14. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Agricultural Commission – Approve appointment of Vicky Morris to Seat 5 (Ag Processing Industry), as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Library Advisory Board – Approve the appointment of Martha Riley to Seat 1 (District 1), as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
Newcastle-Rocklin-Gold Hill Cemetery District – Approve reappointment of
15. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY /PLANNING/APPEAL/OWENS MAP MODIFICATION (PSM20060708) – Approve the Applicant’s request to withdraw their appeal of the Planning Commission’s denial of a subdivision map modification, in the Serene Lakes area.
16. COUNTY CLERK/ELECTIONS – Resolution
a. Administration -
Authorize Supervisor Kranz, Holmes, Rockholm and Weygandt to travel to
b. Approve contract
amendment with the Center for Collaborative Policy, in the amount of
$23,566, for a total contract amount of $65,000, providing professional
facilitation services for the Affordable Housing Stakeholder Group and
c. Administration - Approve a merit increase (5%) for Clark Moots, Director of Administrative Services, from Grade 667 Step 3 to Grade 667 Step 4, $67.19 per hour, effective February 3, 2007.
18. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/COMMUNITY GRANTS & LOANS - Approve contract with Mercy Housing California, in the not to exceed amount of $88,000, to provide administrative sub-contractor services for the 05-HOME-2123 Grant and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign.
19. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Approve lease
b. Resolution of
Intention setting the time and date to hold a public hearing to consider the
annexation of property owned by Edward and Laura Bonin, APN 051-090-001, into
Sewer Maintenance District #1. Subject property is located on
c. Resolution of
Intention setting the time and date to hold a public hearing to consider the
annexation of property owned by Jack and Cathy Williamson, APN 076-036-006,
into Sewer Maintenance District #1. Subject property is located on
20. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES:
a. Adult System of Care – Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 2, revising Article 2.78 of the Placer County Code governing In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority Advisory Committee activities.
b. Animal Services - Amend Umbrella Contract CH000006 with various veterinary providers for FY 2006/07, increasing funding by $28,000, for a revised total amount not to exceed $58,000, for emergency veterinary services and approve a budget revision transferring funds from contingencies to fund the requested amendment.
21. PERSONNEL - Introduction of an ordinance, amending Placer County Code, Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010 – Appendices 3 (Deputy Sheriffs Association-Sworn), Appendix 4 (Deputy Sheriffs Association-Non-Sworn), and Appendix 9 (Management-Sworn), relating to the salaries for the classifications covered by Proposition F and other associated law enforcement classifications to be effective February 2, 2007, 5:01p.m. Percentage increases by classification are as follows: Undersheriff 6.94%; Captain 6.76%; Lieutenant 6.77%; Sergeant 6.69%; Chief Deputy Coroner 4.94%, Deputy Sheriff I/II 4.93%; Investigator 7.07%.
22. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In
a. Blanket Purchase Order #13005, Office Supplies/Countywide - Approve Change Order #6 with Corporate Express, in the amount of $40,000. (Original contract was based on a cooperative purchase agreement as a result of a competitive bid awarded by another government agency.)
b. Blanket Purchase Order #13321, Dental Prosthodontic Appliances/Health & Human Services - Approve Change Order #3 with Alta Vista Dental Lab, in the Amount of $3,500.
c. Blanket Purchase Order #13532, Roadside Vegetation Clearing Services/Public Works - Approve Change Order #1 with Arborwell, in the amount of $30,000.
d. Surplus, Vehicles & Miscellaneous Equipment/Various Departments – Declare vehicles and miscellaneous equipment as surplus and authorize disposal by public sale.
23. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Auburn Ravine/Lincoln Way Curb Relocation Project – Resolution approving the project plans and specifications; authorizing the Chairman to sign the cover sheet; and authorizing the Public Works Department to advertise for bids for the Project.
b. Dick Cook Road Bridge Replacement Project, Mitigated Negative Declaration – Resolution approving a Mitigated Negative Declaration with the required findings and mitigations.
c. Foresthill Slide Repair , Construction Management Contract - Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute Contract #73254, Amendment #1, with Blackburn Consulting, Inc., in the amount of $79,000, increasing the total contract amount to $279,000, for the construction management, inspection, materials testing and construction staking services, and authorize the Public Works Director to approve and sign contract amendments for additional professional services, in an amount not to exceed $20,000.
d. Foresthill Slide Repair , Engineering Design Contract – Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute Contract #73247, Amendment #1, with Blackburn Consulting, Inc., in the amount of $33,478, increasing the total contract amount to $147,830, for the engineering design, preparation of plans, specifications and estimates, and authorize the Public Works Director to approve and sign contract amendments for additional professional services, in an amount not to exceed $10,000.
e. Gladding Road Bridge Replacement Project , Contract #73173 – Resolution accepting the project as complete and authorizing the Public Works Director to execute the Notice of Completion.
f. Gladding Road & Lozanos Road Bridge Replacement Project Contract - Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute Contract #73232, Amendment #3, with Harris and Associates, in the amount of $54,975, increasing the total contract amount to $424,685, for the construction management, inspection and materials testing services, and authorize the Public Works Director to approve and sign contract amendments for additional professional services, in an amount not to exceed $42,500.
***End of Consent Agenda***
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2007 MEETING SCHEDULE:
February 20, 2007
March 06, 2007
March 20, 2007
April 02, 2007 (Tahoe)
April 03, 2007 (Tahoe)
April 17, 2007
AGENDA AVAILABLE VIA FAX (530) 889-6800
OR FROM PLACER COUNTY’S WEBSITE www.placer.ca.gov