COUNTY OF PLACER
TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2007
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Rockholm.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
CONSENT AGENDA (Pages 5-7) - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 12 thru 23) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion
TIMED ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME SHOWN
1. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/HISTORIC COURTHOUSE - Approve a resolution and related documents for the transfer of financial responsibility for the operation of the court facilities within the Placer County Historic Courthouse under the provisions of the Trial Court Facilities Act of 2002, SB 1732, and authorize the Chairman to sign the Transfer Agreement, Memorandum of Form of Agreement (MOA) and a Maintenance and Services Memorandum of Understanding; authorize the first quarterly payment of $43,283.50 and recording of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) by the Facility Services Director and any other action to complete transfer of responsibility.
2. FACILITY SERVICES/SEWER MAINTENANCE DISTRICT #1 – Public hearing to consider annexing property owned by Gary and Jennifer Rooker, APN 076-342-018, into the district. Subject property is located on Virginia Drive , Auburn.
3. SHERIFF/INCREASE IN VEHICLE REGISTRATION FEES – Public hearing to consider:
a. Adoption of a resolution to impose a $1 annual vehicle registration fee for vehicles registered in Placer County and a $2 fee for commercial vehicles for the purpose of establishing a County-wide vehicle theft task force pursuant to Vehicle Code Section 9250.14.
b. Adoption of a resolution to impose a $1 annual vehicle registration fee for vehicles registered in Placer County and a $2 fee for commercial vehicles to enhance automated mobile and fixed location photo and finger print identification programs in Placer County pursuant to Vehicle Code Section 9250.19.
c. Adoption of a resolution to authorize establishing a service authority to impose a $1 annual vehicle registration fee and a $2 commercial vehicle fee for the purpose of abatement removal and disposal of abandoned wrecked dismantled or inoperative vehicles from public and private property within Placer County pursuant to Vehicle Code Section 9250.7 and Vehicle Code Section 22710.
4. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY /PLANNING/ZONING TEXT AMENDMENT (PZTA20050609) – Public hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance, amending Chapter 17, to modify Introductory Provisions; Definitions; Allowable Land Uses and Permit Requirements within each zoning district; Agricultural Directional Signs; and Non-Confirming Uses provision for commercial shooting ranges.
5. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY /PLANNING/WILLIAMSON ACT CONTRACT (PAGP 20060742) STEVEN & PAMELA HARNAGEL – Public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution creating a 40-acre Williamson Act Contract and Agricultural Preserve. The two properties are zoned Farm and characterized by grassland, oak woodland and riparian corridor. One of the twenty-acre parcels is developed with a two-acre vineyard, located in District 5.
(Continued from December 19, 2006)
DEPARTMENT ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION AS TIME ALLOWS
6. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES /PROCUREMENT/COMPETITIVE BID #9648, ASPHALT CONCRETE/ PUBLIC WORKS – Award to Vulcan Materials, Teichert Aggregates and Granite Construction, in the maximum aggregate amount of $980,300.
a. Preserve Acquisitions – Authorize financial participation in the acquisition of the Taylor Ranch and Freiheit Big Hill Preserve located in the Auburn Valley area of Placer County as follows:
1) Taylor Ranch – Resolution authorizing a funding contribution, in the amount of $285,000, towards the Placer Land Trust’s fee title acquisition of the Taylor Ranch and delegate authority to the Facility Services Director to execute and record a Funding and Easement Agreement as described herein and to take all other actions necessary to facilitate this transaction.
2) Freiheit Big Hill Preserve - Resolution authorizing a funding contribution, in the amount of $315,000, towards the Placer Land Trust’s acquisition of the Freiheit Big Hill Preserve conservation easement and delegate authority to the Facility Services Director to execute and record a Funding and Easement Agreement as described herein and to take all other actions necessary to facilitate this transaction.
3) Approve a budget revision cancelling Open Space reserves, transferring Tree Preservation Funds to the Open Space Fund, and appropriating the funds in the Open Space Fund.
b. Sewer Maintenance District #2 – Resolution approving reimbursement agreement with Joseph Bergh for sewer improvements and authorize the Chairman to execute.
8. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/ADULT SYSTEM OF CARE:
a. Assist in implementation of the County’s Methamphetamine Project by amending contract CN 011873 with Community Recovery Resources, adding $35,000, for a revised FY 2006/07 total of $299,629, to expand treatment services, and amend contract CN 011876 with New Leaf Counseling, adding $115,000, for a revised FY 2006/07 total of $757,000, as a result of increased use of the Perinatal Residential Treatment Services and services provided to Child Welfare Services Clients.
b. Approve amendment to Contract Employee Agreement #12189 with Peter Van Auken, M.D., for a revised total 16-month contract amount of $380,464, increasing the contract by $92,152, for the provision of psychiatric services, extending the current contract expiration date from April 13, 2007 to August 13, 2007 and authorize the Chairman to sign this and any subsequent amendments.
9. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Annual Asphalt Concrete Overlay , Summer, 2007, Contract #1006 – Approve project specifications, estimated to cost approximately $2,600,000, and authorize the Public Works Director to advertise for bids.
b. Auburn-Folsom Widening , South Phase Project – Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute a utility agreement with San Juan Water District, in an estimated amount of $750,000, for waterline replacement in conjunction with the project.
10. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approve appropriation in the amount of $2,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the City of Rocklin for the 2007 Annual Australian Outback Jubilee, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($1,500) and Supervisor Holmes ($500).
b. Approve appropriation in the amount $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to The People to People Student Ambassador Program, as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
c. Approve appropriation in the amount of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to Roseville High School for the 19th Annual Sober Grad Night Celebration, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
d. Approve appropriation in the amount of $1,700 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer Care Coalition, Inc., for the 7th Annual “Raising Spirits” Fundraiser, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($500), Supervisor Weygandt ($500), Supervisor Holmes ($200) and Supervisor Uhler ($500).
e. Approve appropriation in the amount of $125 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Roseville Chamber of Commerce for the 27th Annual Granite Bay Easter Egg Hunt, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
f. Approve appropriation in the amount of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation Annual Head Shaving Fundraiser Event, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
11. COUNTY COUNSEL /ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION:
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(1) Existing Litigation:
(a) Barry Silva vs. County of Placer, et al., Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-14145.
(2) Anticipated Litigation:
Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
(a) Agency negotiator: CEO/Personnel Director
Employee organization: PPEO/DSA/Management
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda (Items 12 thru 23) have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion
12. ORDINANCE – Second Reading:
a. County Executive/Redevelopment – Ordinance amending Chapter 10 Vehicles and Traffic; Article 10.12 Parking; 10.12.120 Limitations Imposed in the Placer County Code prohibiting overnight parking to include Redevelopment Agency owned parking lots (Jack Pine/Tahoe City and Brooke Avenue/Kings Beach) subject to County Counsel review.
b. Personnel – Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 3–DSAS, correcting the salary schedule for Grade 701 - District Attorney Investigator classification. The amounts should have read $28.9638 to $35.1396 instead of $28.8693 to $35.1404.
13. WARRANT REGISTERS – Week of February 9, 16, 23 and March 2, 2007.
14. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Approve minutes of January 23 and February 6, 2007.
15. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY – Reject the following clams, as recommended by Counsel:
a. 06-131, Cox, Chris, $662.01, (Property Damage)
b. 07-019, Moore, Mark, Unstated, (Bodily Injury)
16. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY – Reject the following application to present a late claim and their associated claim, as recommended by Counsel:
a. 07-012, Swindle, Janice, Unstated, (Personal Injury)
17. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/BUI LDING - Introduction of an ordinance, amending Chapter 15, revising Article 15.04.050 Section E, Permit Fees, including clarifying language for calculating building permit fee charges, pursuant to Placer County Grand Jury recommendations, and updating the April 2002 Building Standards Valuation table, adopted by the Board on November 4, 2003, based on the California Construction Cost Index.
18. COUNTY EXECUTIVE:
a. Administrative Rules – Resolution to clarify language in Chapter 2, Meals, Lodging, Travel and Transportation, removing a reference to an expired Internal Revenue Service mileage rate for reimbursement of private vehicle mileage and to correct the reference for overnight use of County vehicles.
b. Contract Amendment - Authorize the County Executive Officer to execute a third contract amendment with Goodwin Consulting Group, in an amount not to exceed $100,000, resulting in a total contact amount of $549,000, to provide additional studies and technical expertise needed to address capital facilities, services, and infrastructure costs associated with development projects in western Placer County. Funding will be provided by new development and as part of the County’s Curry Creek Community Plan work effort.
c. Merit Increase - Approve merit increase of 5% for Keely Scanlan, Information Technology Manager, from Grade 457, Step 2, to Grade 457, Step 3, at $46.57 per hour, retroactive to February 17, 2007.
19. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES - Approve an agreement with AMEC Earth and Environmental, Inc., in the amount of $116,160, to update the County’s existing Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan, dated January 2005, and authorize the Procurement Manager to sign.
20. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. City of Colfax Park & Recreation Facilities Master Plan - Approve agreement with the City of Colfax, in an amount not to exceed $10,000, to expand the boundaries of a Park & Recreation Facilities Master Plan to include unincorporated areas surrounding Colfax, and authorize the Chairman to execute the agreement.
b. Didion Ranch Staging Area & Bridge , Project #4717B - Resolution accepting the project as complete and authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute and record the Notice of Completion.
c. Hidden Falls Regional Park - Approve Amendment #3 to Agreement #KN020478 with A.R. Associates, increasing the not-to-exceed amount to $90,449, to provide engineering services for property improvements and authorizing the Purchasing Manager to execute the amendment.
d. Motherlode Energy Watch Partne rship - Resolution authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute documents necessary to apply for technical assistance grants from the California Energy Commission through the Motherlode Energy Partnership.
e. Photovoltaic Electrical Generation Projects , Project #9499 - Resolution accepting the projects located at Buildings 110-111 and Building 400, in the Placer County Government Center, Auburn, as complete and authorizing the Facility Services Director to execute and record the Notice of Completion.
21. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/COMMUNITY HEALTH - Approve amendment to the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, Safe and Drug Free Schools Grant, Agreement #SDF03-10, in the amount of $51,733, providing funding for the fifth year of the grant and authorize the Health & Human Services Director to sign the amendment.
22. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Negotiated Blanket Purchase Order #13513, Auto Parts/Public Works - Renew blanket purchase order with Riebes Auto Parts, in accordance with Section 7.2 of the Purchasing Policy Manual, in the maximum amount of $95,000.
b. Negotiated Blanket Purchase Order #13515, Parts and Dealer Service/Public Works – Renew purchase order with Maita Ford, in accordance with Section 7.2 of the Purchasing Policy Manual, for original equipment manufacture Ford parts, in the maximum amount of $60,000.
c. Negotiated Blanket Purchase Order #13535, Compressed Natural Gas/Public Works – Renew with Pacific Gas & Electric, in the maximum amount of $145,000, in accordance with Section 7.2 of the Purchasing Policy Manual, for compressed natural gas as a motor vehicle fuel.
d. Purchase Order #13561 , Oil and Lube Products/Public Works – Renew purchase order with Hunt & Sons, Inc., as a result of Competitive Bid No. 9540, for in the maximum amount of $75,000.
e. List of Qualified Firms , Human Resources Consulting Services/Personnel - Approve the second one-year renewal of a List of Qualified Firms as a result of the Competitive Request for Qualifications #9281.
23. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Barton Road Bridge Project – Resolution approving a Right-of-Way Contract, in the amount of $78,475, and accepting a Highway Easement Deed from Ramsey Poland for the project.
b. Jackpine Street Public Parking Facility , Contract #73238 – Resolution accepting the Jackpine Street Public Parking Facility as complete, at a cost of $824,767, and approving and authorizing the Public Works Director to execute the Notice of Completion.
c. Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project , PSA #73252 – Resolution authorizing the Chairman to sign Amendment #1, with Andregg Geomatics, in the amount of $10,440, to perform survey services and authorizing the Public Works Director to approve and sign future amendments up to $2,000.
d. Transit Agreement - Authorize the Chairman to execute an agreement with the City of Colfax, in the amount of $17,645.50, to provide transit service to the City of Colfax.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
24. AUDITOR/CONTROLLER – Independent Accountant’s Report on The Treasurer’s Statement of Assets, December 31, 2006.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2007 MEETING SCHEDULE:
March 27, 2007 (Strategic Planning-Rocklin)
April 02, 2007 (Tahoe)
April 03, 2007 (Tahoe)
April 17, 2007