COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, AUGUST 13, 2007
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Vice Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5, Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Placer County Administrative Center
Conference Room A, 175 Fulweiler Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
In accordance with the County Budget Act, the Board may add or change items contained in the adopted Proposed Budget for FY 2007/08. All additions and changes to the Proposed Budget approved by the Board of Supervisors shall be made available to the public at least 72 hours prior to the Final Budget Public Hearing.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15 minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
2. COUNTY EXECUTIVE – Opening comments and overview.
3. BUDGET WORKSHOP SCHEDULE – Conduct Budget Workshops with the following departments:
Sheriff, District Attorney, and Probation.
4. LUNCH – Placer County Administrative Center, Conference Room B, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn/Agenda Scheduling.
5. BUDGET WORKSHOP SCHEDULE – Conduct Budget Workshops with the following departments:
Health & Human Services, Child Support Services, and Veterans Services.
Board of Supervisors
Budget Workshop Schedule
August 13, 2007
County Executive Welcome & BOS Strategic 9:00 –10:00 1 hour
Planning Update/County Budget Update
Public Protection System
Sheriff 10:00 – 10:45 45 minutes*
Break (15 minutes)
District Attorney 11:00 – 11:30 30 minutes
Probation 11:30 – 12:00 30 minutes
Lunch (one hour)
Health & Human Support System
Health & Human Services 1:00 – 1:45 45 minutes
Break (15 minutes)
Child Support Services 2:00 – 2:30 30 minutes
Veterans Services 2:30 – 3:00 30 minutes
Adjourn Board Meeting until Tuesday, August 14, 2007 at 9:00 a.m.
* Department Requested Date