COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, MAY 6, 2008
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1, Vice Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Uhler.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None received.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – None received.
1. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/BUDGET – Conducted a workshop to discuss $9.6 million in service reductions currently reflected within the FY 2008-09 Health and Human Services Proposed Budget and identified service priorities within those reductions for consideration of potential restoration.
2. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS – The Board discussed both matters involving PPEO and DSA.
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller and/or designee(s), Nancy Nittler and/or designee(s)
Employee organization: PPEO. DSA., Unrepresented employees: Management, Confidential.
CONSENT AGENDA (Items 3-6) - Consent Agenda approved with action as indicated.
3. COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS:
a. Municipal Advisory Council – North Auburn – Approved appointment of Greg Wilbur to Seat 1, as requested by Supervisor Kranz.
b. Lincoln Cemetery District – Approved reappointment of Joe Vigil to Seat 1 and Barbara Vineyard to Seat 4, as requested by Supervisor Weygandt.
c. Roseville Cemetery District – Approved reappointment of Steven Howe to Seat 4, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
4. DISTRICT ATTORNEY – Resolutions 2008-118 and 2008-119 adopted authorizing the District Attorney to submit a proposal and to sign and approve the grant award agreements for the Special Emphasis: Elder Abuse Program ($110,000) and the Victim/Witness Assistance Program ($188,776) grants administered by the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, including any extensions or amendments.
5. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Certification of Maintained Mileage Records – Resolution 2008-120 adopted certifying the Maintained Mileage Records. The new total County maintained road mileage is 1,054.401.
b. Abandon Public Utility Easement – Resolution 2008-121 adopted abandoning a Public Utility Easement on Parcel 1 of Parcel Map 75099, Loomis, and provided an alternative location for the easement.
c. Upper Cutthroat Monitoring Project – Resolution 2008-122 adopted authorizing the Chairman to sign PSA #73245, amendment #1, with Integrated Environmental Restoration Services, Inc., in the amount of $3,700, for a total amount of $142,850 for conducting storm water infiltration, treatment, and soil testing for the Upper Cutthroat Monitoring Project.
d. Tahoe City Marina Public Parking Structure - Resolution 2008-123 adopted authorizing the Director of Public Works to cancel Professional Services Agreements: #73228 with WRNS Studio, #1002 with PB Americans Inc., and #KN020799 with Willdan for the Tahoe City Marina Public Parking Structure.
e. City of Lincoln Transit Service - Authorized the Chair to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Lincoln to pay Placer County $145,845 in FY 2007/08 and $159,748 in FY 2008/09 for transit services.
6. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Auburn Aviation Air Fair Committee Thunder in the Sky 2008 Biannual Air Fair as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
b. Approved appropriation of $100 in Revenue Sharing monies to the 9th Annual Auburn Family Night Out Event as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
c. Approved appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Boys and Girls Club of Auburn “Kids’ Benefit Breakfast” as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($250), Supervisor Weygandt ($250), Supervisor Holmes ($250) and Supervisor Uhler ($250).
d. Approved appropriation of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Placer Nature Center Amphitheater Stage Reconstruction Project as requested by Supervisor Holmes.
e. Approved appropriation of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Roseville City School District Foundation 5K Fun Run/Walk as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
f. Approved appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the 18th Annual Tommy Apostolos Fund as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
***End of Consent Agenda***