COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2008
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm District 1, Vice Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Authorized Special Meetings Wednesday, August 13, 2008 and Thursday, August 14, 2008. MOTION Uhler/Weygandt/Unanimous
2. PUBLIC COMMENT – Jim Kirtcher, Alpine Meadows Ski Resort General Manager, discussed its road maintenance program and asked for Board support during peak periods. Russell Poulsen, Chairman of Squaw Valley Municipal Advisory Commission, spoke about snow removal being inadequate on Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows roads and requested Placer County come up with a plan.
3. COUNTY EXECUTIVE – Received opening comments and overview.
4. BUDGET WORKSHOP SCHEDULE – Conducted Budget Workshop Slideshow Presentation.
MOTION Rockholm/Weygandt/Unanimous directing staff to tentatively reallocate available resources, as depicted in the staff presentation, to critical Board of Supervisors budget priorities.
5. LUNCH – Placer County Administrative Center, Conference Room B, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn/Agenda Scheduling.
6. BUDGET WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Health and Human Services Department Presentation.
MOTION Rockholm/Weygandt/Unanimous to approve staff recommendations.
Sheriff Department Presentation
MOTION Weygandt/Uhler VOTE 4:1 (Kranz No) to approve staff recommendations.
ADJOURNMENT – The Board adjourned to a Special Meeting, Wednesday, August 13, 2008.