COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2011
Jack Duran, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Vice Chairman
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Granlibakken Conference Center & Lodge
725 Granlibakken Road
Tahoe City, CA
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Executive, Thomas Miller.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS - Supervisor Montgomery announced that she and Supervisor Holmes are both on the Biomass Sub-Committee and that there is a community meeting open house scheduled at the Squaw Valley Public Service District from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. today. The meeting is an informational outreach and not project or proposal specific.
1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING – The Board of Supervisors is being asked to consider a third-party appeal of the Planning Commission’s action to approve the Conditional Use Permit, Planned Development Permit and the Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map for the Homewood Mountain Resort project, and to approve amendments to the West Shore Area General Plan and to approve a Development Agreement for the Homewood Mountain Resort project. Staff recommends the November 15, 2011 hearing be conducted pursuant to those procedures outlined on pages 33-34 of this staff report including a continuance to the December 6, 2011 Board agenda at which time staff recommends the following actions:
1. Deny the third-party appeal filed by Friends of the West Shore, the League to Save Lake Tahoe and the Tahoe Area Sierra Club;
2. Certify the Final Environmental Impact Report for the Homewood Mountain Resort project (SCH No. 2008 092008));
3. Approve the proposed amendments to the Plan Area Statement Uses and Boundaries in the West Shore Area General Plan;
4. Approve a Development Agreement with the Homewood Village Resorts, LLC, for the Homewood Mountain Resort project;
5. Uphold the action of the Planning Commission and approve the Conditional Use Permit and Planned Development Permit, and
6. Uphold the action of the Planning Commission and approve the Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map for the Homewood Mountain Resort project.
MOTION Montgomery/Duran/Unanimous, to continue the hearing to December 6, 2011 at 9:05 a.m. at the Community Development Resource Agency, 3091 County Center Drive, Auburn. The continued hearing will be open for limited purpose for further public comment on any information that is received from the appellant after today through November 28, 2011 and the responses to that by the County.
2. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case – The Board authorized County Counsel to initiate an interplead action relating to certain funds rising out of the Lake Forest Erosion Control Project.
(b) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case – The Board authorized the retention of Counsel.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS – No conference held, no action taken.
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Anthony J. La Bouff, Scott Finley
Employee organization: PPEO
CONSENT AGENDA - Item 10 A removed from Agenda. Consent Agenda approved as amended with action as indicated. The Board convened as the Redevelopment Agency Board for Item #10b.
3. ORDINANCES – Second reading:
a. ICMA-RC VantageCare Retirement Health Savings Plan - Ordinance 5657-B adopted adjusting the compensation and benefits of classified and unclassified management, elected officials, and confidential employees related to the ICMA-RC VantageCare Retirement Health Savings Plan.
b. Placer Public Employees Organization - Ordinance 5658-B adopted to adjust compensation and benefits of Placer Public Employee Organization (PPEO) represented and Confidential employees related to Holiday Credit Accounts, Vacation Accrual Cash Out, Overtime Compensation and District Attorney / Child Support Attorney Leave.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES - Resolution 2011-314 adopted accepting a grant in the total amount of $74,000 ($55,500 in grant funds and $18,500 in County match) from the Department of Homeland Security funded by the FY 2010 Interoperable Emergency Communications Grant Program to serve the Countywide Interoperable Radio Network Project, and approve a Budget Revision.
5. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Placer County Area 4 Agency on Aging Advisory Council – Approved appointment of Dr. Irwin A.Herman to Seat #4 representing Placer County Older Adult Advisory Council.
6. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/COMMUNITY GRANTS & LOANS – Resolution 2011-315 adopted authorizing the submittal of an application in the amount of $300,000 to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development for funding under the CalHome program, and authorizing the County Executive Officer or designee to execute the application, the standard State agreement, and any related documents required by California State Department of Housing and Community Development for participation in and implementation of the grant.
7. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/COMMUNITY HEALTH - Approved a new revenue contract with the California Department of Public Health for implementation and operation of the Community Nutrition Local Health Department Expansion Project from November 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012 in an amount of $150,000 and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the contract and subsequent amendments.
8. LIBRARY - Approved a 5:00 p.m. closure of Placer County Libraries on Wednesday, November 23, 2011.
9. PUBLIC WORKS:
a. Kings Beach Commercial Core Storm Water Improvements, Deer Street –– Resolution 2011-316 adopted authorizing payment to Kings Beach Housing Associates or its designee in the amount of $73,583 for storm water improvements for the Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project.
b. Contract, Peak Season Bus Drivers – Resolution 2011-317 adopted authorizing the Director of the Department of Public Works (DPW) to execute, with County Counsel and Risk Management’s review and approval, a Contract with MV Transportation, Inc. for peak season bus drivers for Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) through September of 2014, based on hourly rates offered by MV Transportation, in an amount estimated at $150,000 per fiscal year and not to exceed $450,000 over the three-year period.
c. Lake Forest Erosion Control Project, Area B (SEZ/Habitat Restoration), Contract #1082 – Resolution 2011-318 adopted accepting the Lake Forest Erosion Control Project – Area B (SEZ/Habitat Restoration) as complete and approving and authorizing the Director of Public Works to execute the Notice of Completion.
d. Snow Creek Restoration Project (State Clearinghouse #201109235, Mitigation Negation Declaration - Resolution 2011-319 adopted approving a Mitigated Negative Declaration with the required findings for the Snow Creek Restoration Project.
10. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY:
a. REMOVED FROM AGENDA Agreement - Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Redevelopment Agency Director or designee to execute an Exclusive Negotiating Rights Agreement between the Redevelopment Agency and Mountain Smart, LLC for the Redevelopment Agency Swiss Mart Property located at 8797 North Lake Boulevard, Kings Beach (Assessor Parcel Numbers 090-192-041 and 090-192-055). (Continued from October 25, 2011 agenda).
b. Administration - Authorized the Redevelopment Agency to request the County Personnel Director to undertake a classification study for the Administrative Services Officer Senior position in the Redevelopment Agency.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ADJOURNMENT – Next regular meeting is Tuesday, December 8, 2011 at the Placer County Community Development Resource Agency, 3091 County Center Drive, Auburn.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2011 MEETING SCHEDULE:
December 6, 2011 (CDRA)
December 13, 2011