COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013
Jack Duran, District 1, Vice Chairman David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Holly Heinzen, Chief Assistant County Executive Officer
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chairman Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you require disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
North Tahoe Event Center
8318 North Lake Boulevard
Kings Beach, CA 96143
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54953, Subdivision (b), the Board of Supervisors meeting of Tuesday, January 22, 2013 included teleconference participation from the Placer County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, California, 95603. This Notice and Agenda will be posted at the teleconference location.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by County Counsel, Gerald Carden.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – 1) Fauna Tomlinson, requested the Board look into a plastic bag ban and presented the Board information from Sue Vang of California Against Waste. 2) Ellie Waller, Tahoe Vista resident, stated there are people in the district that have not been made fully aware of the truncation of the project of the bid assessment district. 3) Hayden Lewis, expressed concern with dogs on beaches.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – Supervisor Montgomery attended the funeral service of Galt Police Officer Kevin Tonn and thanked the Placer County Sheriff’s Honor Guard for representing Placer County.
1. PUBLIC WORKS
a. Kings Beach Benefit Assessment District No. 1
1. Conducted a public hearing related to formation of Kings Beach Benefit Assessment District #1 which would include the levy of annual assessments to fund the maintenance of future streetscaping improvements.
a. Tabulated ballots received following conclusion of public hearing
b. Presented results of tabulated ballots
187 Total assessment ballots received
8 Invalidated assessment ballots
2 Duplicate assessment ballots
123 Assessment ballots received in favor of the proposed assessment
Weighted value received in favor $74,083.74
56 Assessment ballots received in opposition of the proposed assessment
Weighted value received in opposition $42,930.20
c. The tabulated ballots resulted in no majority protest and Resolution 2013-14 adopted finalizing formation of District and levying assessments to be collected when improvements are complete.
MOTION Montgomery/Weygandt/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Duran absent)
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
a. Village at Squaw Valley Specific Plan and Phase 1 Project
1. Provided the Board with an update on the Village at Squaw Valley Specific Plan and Phase 1 project including an overview of the project entitlement requests, an update on the status of the Specific Plan and Environmental Impact Report that is being prepared, and an overview of project modifications the applicant has made since the last update to the Board on July 24, 2012. No Board action is requested.
3. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
a. Planning Commission
1. Ordinance introduced, first reading waived, amending the provision in Placer County Code Section 17.60.040A (2) that requires the at-large members of the Planning Commission to reside in the unincorporated area of Placer County.
MOTION Uhler/Montgomery VOTE 3:1:0 (Holmes No, Duran absent)
4. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/RESOURCE AGENCY
a. Tahoe Basin Community Plan Update
1. Tahoe Basin Community Plan Update – Status update. No Board action is requested.
b. Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Regional Plan
1. Regional Plan Update - Update on the successful completion of the TRPA Regional Plan. No Board action is requested.
5. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
a. North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
1. Approved proposed North Lake Tahoe Resort Association infrastructure account expenditure for construction of the Homewood “Missing Link” Bike Trail Segment in the amount of up to $600,000.
MOTION Montgomery/Weygandt/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Duran absent)
b. North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
1. Update on Strategic Goals and Semi-Annual Marketing Report. No action requested.
c. Request for Qualifications/Criminal Justice System Master Planning Services
1. Approved the award of Competitive Request for Qualifications #10219 for Criminal Justice System Master Planning Services and authorized award of contract to David Bennett Consulting for a maximum net County Cost of $316,000 and authorized the County Executive Officer to sign the resulting contract.
MOTION Uhler/Weygandt/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Duran absent)
6. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
a. California Department of State Hospitals
1. Approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the California Department of State Hospitals for required County use of State hospital beds from July 1, 2012 through December 19, 2012 for a budgeted total of $318,372 ($191,023 budgeted net County cost), and authorized the Director of Adult System of Care to sign the MOU.
2. Approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the California Department of State Hospitals for required County use of State hospital beds from December 20, 2012 through June 30, 2013 for a budgeted total of $238,162 ($142,897 budgeted net County cost), and authorized the Director of Adult System of Care to sign the MOU contingent upon review and approval from Risk Management and County Counsel, and subsequent amendments up to $50,000 consistent with the agreement’s subject matter and Scope of Work.
MOTION Weygandt/Montgomery/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Duran absent)
7. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation:
(a) California Clean Energy Committee v. County of Placer, et al., Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV 0030337, Third District Court of Appeal, Case No.: C072680 – The Board heard a status report and gave direction to Counsel.
(b) Sierra Club, et al. v. Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, County of Placer, et al., U.S.D.C. Eastern District, Sacramento Division, Case No.:. 2:12-CV-00044-WBS-CKD – The Board heard a status report and gave direction to Counsel.
CONSENT AGENDA – Consent Agenda approved with action as indicated.
MOTION Montgomery/Uhler/Unanimous VOTE 4:0 (Duran absent)
8. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
a. 2013 Boards and Commissions
1. Confirmed the Board of Supervisors 2013 Boards and Commissions Assignments as designated at the January 8, 2013 meeting.
9. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY – Rejected the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
a. 12-100,Temple, Christopher, Unstated,(Bodily Injury/Personal Injury)
b. 13-001,Nakamura, Ryan, Unstated,(Cross Complaint for Indemnity)
10. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
a. Colfax Cemetery District – Approved the reappointment of Nancy Hagman to Seat #2, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
b. Colfax Veterans Memorial Hall Board - Approved the appointment of Thomas Hiatt (representing American Legion Post 192) in place of Charles Gray, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
c. Foresthill Forum Advisory Council – Approved the appointment of Richard Arthur to Seat #1, and reappointment of Gail McCafferty to Seat #2, Duane Frink to Seat #3, Sharon Page to Seat #4, Chase Dowling to Seat #5, Larry Jordan to Seat #6, and Michael Whittle to Seat #7, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
d. Granite Bay Municipal Advisory Council – Approved the appointment of Kenneth Prager to Seat #2, and the reappointment of Eric Teed-Bose to Seat #1, John Thacker to Seat #3, Walter Pekarsky to Seat #4, Donald De Santis to Seat #5, Suzanne Jones to Seat #6, and Virg Anderson to Seat #7, as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
e. Squaw Valley Municipal Advisory Council - Approved the appointment of Michelle Georgiu to Seat #1, and reappointment of Alisa Adriani to Seat #2, Andrew Lange to Seat #3, Brian Sheehan to Seat #4, Kevin Strange to Seat #5, Lindsay Romack to Seat #6, and Edward Heneveld to Seat #7, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
f. Meadow Vista Municipal Advisory Council – Approved the appointment of Michael Walker to Seat #2, Patrick Shea-Burgess to Seat #3, and the reappointment of Michael Tritel to Seat #1, Sherri Bloomfield to Seat #4, and Laurie Sweeney to Seat #5, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
g. North Tahoe Regional Municipal Advisory Council – Approved the reappointment of Megan Chillemi to Seat #1, Zachary Hymanson to Seat #2, Renee Koijane to Seat #3, Emilio Vaca to Seat #4, Lolly Kupec to Seat #5, Chris McConnell to Seat #6, Regina Straver to Seat #8, and Melissa Siig to Seat #9, as requested by Supervisor Montgomery.
11. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
a. Merit Increase
1. Approved a 5% merit increase for Ed J. King, Deputy Ag Commissioner from Grade 427 Step 2 @ $37.19 to Grade 427 Step 3 at $39.04 per hour, effective December 29, 2012.
b. Medi-Cal Managed Care
1. Authorized the Chair to sign requested letters of support for health care providers to expand Medi-Cal Managed Care participation into Placer County.
12. FACILITY SERVICES
a. Granite Bay Parks, Trails and Open Space Assessment District
1. Resolution 2013-12 adopted directing the preparation of the Engineer’s Report for the 2013-2014 Fiscal Year for the Granite Bay Parks, Trails and Open Space Assessment District, at no net County cost.
13. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
a. In-Home Supportive Services Anti-Fraud Plan
1. Approved the In-Home Supportive Services Anti-Fraud Plan and authorized the Chairman to sign the Response Cover Page for submission to the California Department of Social Services. The County is requesting $60,341 in federal funds to match the County General Fund expenditure of $60,342 during FY 2012-13 and FY 2013-14.
14. PUBLIC WORKS
a. Intergovernmental Grant Administration Agreement
1. Resolution 2013-13 adopted authorizing the Director of Public Works to execute an Intergovernmental Grant Administration Agreement with the Tahoe Resource Conservation District, with County Counsel's and Risk Management's approval, to assist with storm water monitoring compliance in the Lake Tahoe Basin. There is no net County cost.
2. Authorized the Department of Public Works' commitment to provide in-kind match of $25,000 per annual year for four years, not to exceed $100,000, as specified in the agreement.
b. Sheriff Patrol Vehicle
1. Approved a Budget Revision and amend the Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Master Fixed Asset List to add one (1) additional Chevrolet Police Package Tahoe in the amount of $30,000 funded through insurance reimbursement and vehicle replacement reserves.
2. Authorized the Purchasing Manager to solicit bids and issue a Purchase Order for the vehicle. The net County cost is $15,226.51.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
15. Placer County Law Library – Annual Report and Financial Report 2011-2012
16. Treasurer-Tax Collector - Treasurer’s Statement for the month of November 2012
ADJOURNMENT – Next meeting is February 5, 2013.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2013 MEETING SCHEDULE:
February 5, 2013
February 26, 2013
March 12, 2013
March 26, 2013